“Month in Review” is a feature on The Gottman Relationship Blog that gives you the opportunity to recap the news and events of the last month. Below you will find useful information and links from April, including mentions in the media, important announcements, blog postings, class photos, and more.
Being able to experience “self-expansion” alongside your partner makes the relationship more fulfilling and helps to stave off the boredom and staleness that contribute to so many breakups.
- The Huffington Post: 10 Habits Of People In The Happiest Relationships
- Brit + Co: These Are the 2 Characteristics All Lasting Relationships Have in Common
- Thought Catalog: 20 Questions To Ask Your Partner That Will Deepen Your Connection
- American Psychological Association: Can this marriage be saved?
- Good Men Project: Hurt Feelings Do Not Mean You Did Something Wrong
- Life Hacker: Maintain Your Relationship By Treating It Like a Bank Account
- Business Insider: 7 things people think are terrible for their relationship that actually aren’t
- Psychology Today: Date Night: Not a Luxury, A Necessity
- Harvard Business Review: How to Not Fight with Your Spouse When You Get Home from Work
- Mark Manson: 1,500 People Give All the Relationship Advice You’ll Ever Need
- Collective Evolution: Social Science Says Lasting Relationships Come Down to 2 Basic Traits
- Business Insider: Science Says Lasting Relationships Come Down to 2 Basic Traits
- Redbook: 12 Fights You’re Not Having But Should
- The Mission: Reason vs. Emotion
NEW ON THE GOTTMAN RELATIONSHIP BLOG
This is how we heal the “mean girls” culture: we hold, we include, we love, we empower, and we regard our girls. And we model this in how we treat other women.
- How to Break the Silence in Your Marriage
- What Straight Husbands Can Learn From Gay Husbands
- Mastering Marriage Conflict with Mulligans
- I’m Raising Girls Who Are “Includers” Instead of “Mean Girls”
- How Being Nuanced with Your Emotions Enhances Your Well-Being: An Interview with Susan David, Ph.D. Part II
- Friends With Benefits: 6 Reasons Committed Sex is the Best
- Be the Change You Wish to See in Your Relationship
- 4 Typical Solvable Problems in Relationships
- 3 Key Things That Will Make or Break Your Marriage
- The Dance Between Intimacy and Independence in Marriage
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN AND JULIE GOTTMAN
This month The Gottman Institute wished both John and Julie Gottman a very happy birthday. Thank you for your profound insights and sharing them with the rest of us!
STATE OF THE UNION
This month we started a new column called State of the Union where Kyle Benson guides couples on how to hold a weekly meeting that will drastically improve your relationship. Subscribe to our mailing list to be alerted every time we publish a new post!
FEATURED INSTAGRAM POST
Are you following us on Instagram? We provide practical skills to strengthen relationships.
FEATURED CLASS PHOTO
This month’s featured class photo is from a Brining Baby Home Educator Training presented by Joni Parthemer, M.Ed and Beth Goss in Seattle, WA.
To see more photos from professional training events around the country, click here.