The final step in the process of becoming a Certified Gottman Therapist, the Certification Track includes consultation with a Senior Certified Gottman Therapist and video review of your ability to demonstrate Gottman Method Couples Therapy techniques.
We strongly encourage you to enter the Certification Track immediately after completing the Level 3 Training and begin working with your assigned Consultant. You will have a maximum of two years to enter the Certification Track following your Level 3 Training and a maximum of two years to finish the Certification Track upon entering.
Submit your application by any of these dates:
- August 1, 2018
- November 1, 2018
Prerequisites for the Certification Track
- Completion of Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 Training
- A minimum of 1000 hours of postgraduate therapy experience
- Licensure or certification in a mental health related field
- Malpractice Insurance (1M/3M)
An assigned Gottman Consultant will guide you in applying Gottman Method Couples Therapy with couples in your practice. There will be ample opportunity to ask questions and receive input about all phases of working with couples, from assessment and treatment planning, through selecting and implementing appropriate interventions for each client’s unique needs.
- Consultants are assigned after the Level 3 Practicum
- Consultation usually takes place over the phone
- A minimum of eight hours of individual consultation or twelve hours of group consultation is needed to complete certification requirements, but the Consultant may determine that more consultation is necessary in order for a Consultee to meet Certification requirements
- The Consultant must review a minimum of three video segments during Consultation
- Fees for Consultation are additional and will be paid directly to your Consultant
- There are no continuing education hours available for Consultation
- There is a one-time administrative fee of $675.00 payable to The Gottman Institute when you enter the Certification Track.
- Consultation Fees (payable to your consultant) will vary depending on the number of sessions you require and the modality (individual or group consultation).
- Individual Consultation, 45 minutes minimum of 8 sessions (see consultant for price)
- Group Consultation, 50-90 min., minimum of 12 sessions (see consultant for price)
Once you have completed your consultation sessions and you and your consultant have agreed on your readiness, you must submit (4) videotaped segments you have made of your work to qualify for certification. You will have a maximum of three submissions to pass the final video review. A description of final video review requirements is included in the Level 2 Manual. You can download the forms for submitting videos for Final Video Review HERE.
- Meet our Consultants!
- Certification Track web application
- Certification Track web application FOR AUSTRALIA
Please email email@example.com or call 206-523-9042 ext. 102.