This month we are excited to announce that Drs. John and Julie Gottman presented a Level 1 Training in the city of Ashkelon, Israel and hosted a Private Couples Retreat at their home on Orcas Island just off the coast of Washington State. The Gottman Institute held a Facebook Giveaway that presented five lucky winners with a signed copy of Dr. John Gottman’s New York Times bestseller The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work.
“Month in Review” is a feature on The Gottman Relationship Blog that gives you the opportunity to recap the news and events of the last month. Below you will find useful information and links from September, including mentions in the media, important announcements, blog postings, class photos, and more.
The small, intentional moments have more power than isolated, excessive gestures when it comes to creating and sustaining lasting love.
- The Good Man Project: The Grass is Greener Where You Water It
- Huffington Post: Husbands Can Only Be Influential if They Accept Influence
- MyDomain: People Who Argue Like This Are More Likely to Stay Together, Says Science
- Medium: 11 Secrets To Better Your Relationships By…
- All4Women: New Parents: How to Avoid Relationship Meltdowns
- Psychology Today: Should You Go to Couples Therapy?
NEW ON THE GOTTMAN RELATIONSHIP BLOG
I know that you question if you’ve done well, and let me tell you something: you’ve done so, so, well.
- Marriage is a Dance
- You Don’t Have to Be Rich to Have an Emotionally Wealthy Marriage
- Let’s Have an Honest Conversation About Sex
The Gottman Institute has reached 250,000 fans on Facebook! To celebrate, we gave away five signed copies of Dr. John Gottman’s New York Times bestseller The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work.
FEATURED INSTAGRAM POST
Are you following us on Instagram? We provide practical skills to strengthen relationships.
FEATURED CLASS PHOTO
This month’s featured class photo is from a Level 1 Training presented by Drs. John and Julie Gottman in Ashkelon, Israel.
To see more photos from professional training events around the country, click here.More in Month in Review