New to the Gottman Relationship Coach - Dealing with Conflict
Research-based Foundations for a Lifetime of Love.
In “Dealing with Conflict” Drs. John and Julie Gottman guide you through a series of exercises, concepts, and communication skills that can truly change your conflict conversations. With these new skills, going from arguing to understanding is possible. Conflict is inevitable, combat is optional. In this program you will learn:
- Why you keep fighting about the same things, and how to get “unstuck.”
- How to address recurring issues within your relationship.
- How to approach conflict conversations gently, in a way that addresses specific issues.
- How to identify what your feelings and experiences are around issues that are causing conflict, and how to gently bring them up with your partner.
- How to understand your partner’s side of an issue, and how to get your partner to understand where you’re coming from.
- How to examine the individual values, ideas, and beliefs that influence how you and your partner engage with the world around you.
- More about your own emotions.
NEW! Gottman Relationship Coach: How to Make Your Relationship Work
Research-based Foundations for a Lifetime of Love. The Gottman Relationship Coach is an inspiring and educational multimedia experience designed to enhance the well-being of your relationships. Based upon the Gottman method, participants will be guided through research-based tools and communications skills that can transform your relationships with the most important people in your life. The first program, “How to Make Your Relationship Work”, is now available and includes:
- The Gottman Method and How to Make Your Relationship Work
- How do we predict the future of a relationship?
- How to build a Sound Relationship House
- What to do when the destructive Four Horsemen enter your relationship
Based upon Dr. Gottman’s four decades of research with thousands of couples, our workshops are designed for couples of every age, ability, and orientation. You will learn practical skills to improve the friendship in your relationship and help you manage conflict in a positive way. Start with The Art and Science of Love and deepen your understanding at The Art and Science of Love 2.
Discover our popular relationship books and other resources for couples, including the New York Times bestseller, The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, which has sold over one million copies in more than a dozen languages.