The Site may contain links to other sites. These links are for the convenience of visitors to the Site only, and The Gottman Institute makes no representations whatsoever regarding such other sites. You should review the privacy policies of other sites carefully before providing any information to such sites. The Gottman Institute is not responsible for the privacy policies or procedures or the content of any other site.
The Site has reasonable security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information under The Gottman Institute’s control.
Compliance with COPPA:
The Site is not directed at children under the age of 13. The Gottman Institute complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and does not knowingly permit submission of Personal Information by anyone under 13 years of age.
The Gottman Institute does not disclose the identities of visitors or users of the Site unless legally required to do so. We will respond to any subpoena received from a government agency (i.e., the Securities and Exchange Commission or law enforcement agencies) without prior notice to you. Unless prohibited by law or by a valid court order, we will notify you of any subpoena received from any other party (i.e., for civil litigation) which requires us to disclose your identity, and will wait ten (10) days, or a lesser amount of time as required by the deadline in the subpoena, before providing the information requested by the subpoena.
If you want to delete or modify your Personal Information or Automated Information from The Gottman Institute’s records, you may do so by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: The Gottman Institute, Inc. , 1401 E. Jefferson St., Suite 501, Seattle, WA 98122
- Phone: toll-free at (888) 523-9042 or (206) 523-9042 within Washington state. Fax number is (206) 523-7306.
Conditions of Use:
Contacting the Site:
The Gottman Institute, Inc.
At the beginning of therapy, U.S. Federal HIPAA law requires that your independently practicing clinician present you with a notice of privacy policies similar to that presented in this document. Please be sure that you receive and sign such a document prior to proceeding with therapy.
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW PSYCHOLOGICAL AND MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION.
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY.
Link to HIPAA Agreement
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
In order to provide you with the services just for you, we need a little personal information.
We use the information you provide and we collect to:
- Administer the Site and diagnose problems with our server
- Verify your identity
- Provide you with information about the Site and Gottman Institute and our products and services;
- Facilitate performance by Gottman Institute or You under the Terms and any other agreement You may enter into with the Gottman Institute
- Measure the number of visitors to the Site and how the Site is used, in order to make the Site as useful as possible to our visitors