This month Drs. John and Julie Gottman presented at The Brief Therapy Conference, we hosted The Art and Science of Love couples workshop in Seattle, and brought back The Gottman Gift Guide for our annual #GiveLove Holiday Sale.
“Month in Review” is a feature on The Gottman Relationship Blog that gives you the opportunity to recap the news and events of the last month. Below you will find useful information and links from December, including mentions in the media, important announcements, blog postings, class photos, and more.
When a child can make a change to address a problem, they engage in problem-focused coping by identifying the trouble and making a plan for dealing with it.
- GQ Magazine: 8 Ways to Find the Right Partner for You
- Hey Sigmund: How to Increase Self Control in Children
- The Huffington Post: 10 Habits of People in the Happiest Relationships
- The Huffington Post: 3 Behaviors That Have Helped Me Be a Better Parent
- Fox13 Now: 4 Patterns That Predict Divorce
- Bustle: 11 Surprising Little Things That Help Make a Happy Relationship, According to Science
- Hey Sigmund: Helping Children With Anxiety: What to Say to Children When They Are Anxious
- Business Insider: How Relationships Affect Wealth
- NewsOK: Friendship is More Important Than Passion in Marriage(although both are good!)
- Raised Good: Simplifying Childhood May Protect Against Mental Health Issues
- The Washington Post: How to raise kinder, less entitled kids(according to science)
- Fox News Magazine: Forget About Cheating: These 3 Sneaky Issues Can Also Destroy a Marriage
- The Washington Post: What children need even more than holiday presents this holiday season
- Scientific American: How Diversity Makes us Smarter
- Barking Up The Wrong Tree: 4 Most Common Relationship Problems – And How To Fix Them
- Hey Sigmund: Anxiety in Kids: How to Turn it Around and Protect Them For Life
- Business Insider: Psychologists say one behavior is “the kiss of death” for a relationship
- Janet Lansbury: No Bad Kids – Toddler Discipline Without Shame
- Brit Co: These Are the 2 Characteristics All Lasting Relationships Have in Common
- Macnamara: Five Things you Might Not Know about Attachment Between Parents and Kids
- NY Mag: 4 Love Myths That are Hurting Your Relationship
- Hey Sigmund: Phew! It’s Normal. An Age by Age Guide for What to Expect From Kids & Teens – And What They Need From Us
- ScaryMommy: Prioritizing Marriage Is Hard, But It Benefits My Entire Family
- Business Insider: 15 signs that you’re emotionally intelligent, even if it doesn’t feel like it
- The Wall Street Journal: What Teens Need Most From Their Parents
- The Huffington Post: How Passive Aggression Hurts Children
- MSN: This is the number one predictor of divorce
- Smithsonian: Six Children Books That Use Psychological Techniques to Help Kids
- Bustle: This is Why Shutting Down Emotionally In a Relationship Is So Dangerous
- The Huffington Post: How to Make Marriage Last
- motto: 18 Behaviors of Emotionally Intelligent People
- your tango: 16 Ways to Fall in Love Again(If You’ve Lost That In-Love Feeling)
- Women’sDay: How to Rebuild Broken Trust: Experts Share a Four-Step Plan
- Graphic: 8 Conversations you must have before you get married
- PsychCentral: 49 Phrases to Calm an Anxious Child
- Parent: 10 Insights of Remarkable Parents from a Family Therapist
- your tango: 5 Ways to Fight Like An ADULT And Find True Middleground
- Aha! Parenting: Parenting Your Strong-Willed Child
- INDEPENDENT: The one thing women are looking for in a partner
- Psychology Today: Use Holidays to Boost Your Relationship, Not Stress It Out
NEW ON THE GOTTMAN RELATIONSHIP BLOG
Let’s talk about sex, because it turns out the most important part of cultivating a healthy sex life is talking about a healthy sex life.
- 5 Simple Ways to Strengthen the Friendship in Your Marriage
- On Gratitude: 3 Lessons This Realist Needs to Learn
- How my Gottman Training Inspired Me to Be a Couples Therapist
- How Do You Tell the Story of Your Relationship?
- 6 Hours a Week to a Better Relationship
- 10 Ways to Rekindle the Passion in Your Marriage
- Do You Trust Your Partner?
- 4 Reasons New Parents Struggle and How to Overcome Them
The Brief Therapy Conference
This month Drs. John and Julie Gottman presented The Brief Therapy Conference in San Diego. The Brief Therapy Conference is an opportunity for leaders in the field to present and interact, by discussing their individual approaches, and the progress of psychotherapy in general. If you’d like to learn more about this training, click here.
THE GOTTMAN GIFT GUIDE
We brought back The Gottman Gift Guide this month for our annual #GiveLove Holiday Sale! For the first time ever, we are offered special product bundles for couples, parents, and professionals, along with 20% off all items.
FEATURED INSTAGRAM POST
Are you following us on Instagram? We provide practical skills to strengthen relationships.
FEATURED CLASS PHOTO
More in Month in Review