This month we launched our new email newsletter The Marriage Minute, a new blog column Teens and Technology, and Drs. John and Julie Gottman traveled to South Africa to present Making Relationships Work.
“Month in Review” is a feature on The Gottman Relationship Blog that gives you the opportunity to recap the news and events of the last month. Below you will find useful information and links from January, including mentions in the media, important announcements, blog postings, class photos, and more.
If you have two different individuals sharing a life together, it’s inevitable that they will have different values and perspectives on some things and clash over it.
- The Good Men Project: 3 Ways To Keep A Positive Perspective on Your Relationship
- yourtango: Do I Really Need to Prepare For Marriage? Yes and Here’s Why
- Business Insider: 4 Behaviors Are the Most Reliable Predictors of Divorce
- AARP: 3 Tips to Enhance Your Romance
- The Huffington Post: Your “Ideal Partner” Will Always Create Problems
- YummyMummyClub: Staying Strong as a Couple When Parenting Little Ones
- Neil Sattin: How to Build Trust and Positive Energy in Your Relationship
- verywell: 5 Relationship Tips from the Happiest Couples
- QUARTZ: Every Successful Relationship is Successful for the Same Exact Reasons
- The New York Times: 13 Questions to Ask Before Getting Married
- Verily: 4 Solutions to the Most Common Relationship Problems
- BRIDES: 10 Ways to Love Someone For the Long-Run(Without Losing Yourself)
- Hey Sigmund: The Single Most Important Skill to Teach Your Child
- yourtango: 8 Profound Things Only People in Long-Term Relationships Experience
- Idealist Mom: Why Every Parent Should kNow the Magic 5:1 Ratio
- Verily: Why Your ‘Love Story’ Could Make or Break Your Relationship
- Stay Married: 15 Favorite Moments from Our Gottman Workshop Weekend
- Scary Mommy: 9 Things Happy Couples Teach Their Kids About Good Relationships
- The Huffington Post: The #1 Thing Couples Fight About
- Cheat Sheet: 6 Traits Almost All Successful Couples Share
- My Northwest: Trust and Betrayal: What Makes Love Last?
- The Huffington Post: 3 Steps to Reconnect When You Feel Disconnected From Your Partner
- Verily: Master These 3 Skills To Fight Like a Happy Couple
- Business Insider: I Polled 1,500 People About Their Best Relationship Advice- And Everyone Said the Same Thing
- The Huffington Post: 8 Sings a Marriage Won’t Last, According to Divorce Lawyers
- Business Insider: 8 Signs You’re in a Strong Relationship- Even if it Doesn’t Feel Like It
NEW ON THE GOTTMAN RELATIONSHIP BLOG
The good news is that if you are willing to put effort into rescuing your marriage, there are things you can do that can give you a fresh start and strengthen your marriage.
- The One Conversation That New Parents Need to Stay Connected
- How to Use Social media to Build a Deeper Relationship with Your Teen
- How Emotional Agility Improves Relationships: An Interview with Susan David, Ph.D
- The Best Gottman Relationship Articles of 2016
- Staying Connected with Your Teen in an Age of Distraction
- One Ritual You and Your Partner Need to Feel More Connected
- The Secret to a Meaningful Life is Meaningful Relationships
- Ringing in the New year with Relationship Resolutions
- Meta-Emotion: How You Feel About Feelings
- How to Have a New Year’s Relationship Check-in
- Building a Great Sex Life is Not Rocket Science
THE MARRIAGE MINUTE
The Marriage Minute is a new email newsletter from The Gottman Institute that will improve your marriage in 60 seconds or less. Subscribe to the mailing list for a free resource of tools, articles, videos, exercises, and more, all founded on Drs. John and Julie Gottman’s four decades of research and clinical experience.
TEENS AND TECHNOLOGY
This month we started a new column called Teens and Technology where you learn how to connect with your teen in the age of technology from Aziza Seykota and Sinead Smyth, LMFT. Subscribe to our mailing list to be alerted every time we publish a new post!
FEATURED INSTAGRAM POST
Are you following us on Instagram? We provide practical skills to strengthen relationships.
FEATURED CLASS PHOTO
This month’s featured class photo is from a Leven 1 Training presented by Don Cole, D.Min. LPC-S, LMFT-S in Denver, Colorado.
To see more photos from professional training events around the country, click here.More in Month in Review