This month Drs. John and Julie Gottman presented Treating Affairs and Trauma in Berkeley, California and we hosted the Seven Principles Leader Program and Bringing Baby Home Educator trainings in Seattle, Washington. We also announced a beta version of a new program, Seven Principles Program for Singles, and announced new research findings in collaboration with the Gay Couples Institute.
“Month in Review” is a feature on The Gottman Relationship Blog that gives you the opportunity to recap the news and events of the last month. Below you will find useful information and links from June, including mentions in the media, important announcements, blog postings, class photos, and more.
If you take a good hard look at these couples, you will find that they have built a strong foundation for a happy marriage by doing these five things every day.
- All4Women: Research Reveals the Secret of ‘Happily-Ever-After’
- MSN: The 8 Most Attractive Qualities People Look For in a Partner
- MindBodyGreen: Is ‘Bidding’ The One Behavior That Could Save Your Relationship?
- YourTango: The Psychological Reason Why So Many Couples Fight About The Dishwasher
- The Idealist Mom: The Hair Tie Trick That Will Make You Go From Angry Mom to Happy Mom
- Psychology Today: Five Keys to Good Communication During Conflict
NEW ON THE GOTTMAN RELATIONSHIP BLOG
Research shows children of parents who ‘Emotion Coach’ are physically healthier, do better in school, and get along better with friends.
- Stop Trying to Fix Your Partner’s Feelings
- Emotion Coaching Isn’t Just for Children
- Understanding Each Other: The First Part of the state of The Union Meeting
- To The Woman Who Made Me A Father – Thank You
- 4 Ways to Stay Connected During Life Transitions
- Reaching a Compromise: The Second Part of the State of the Union Meeting
- 5 Rituals to Reconnect in Your Relationship
GROUNDBREAKING RESEARCH RESULTS
The Gay Couples Institute, in collaboration with The Gottman Institute, report groundbreaking results from the first outcome research study on couples therapy with gay and lesbian couples, establishing Gottman Method Couples Therapy as an evidence-based practice for treating same-sex relationships. The paper will be published in the Journal of Marital and Family Therapy in July.
SEVEN PRINCIPLES PROGRAM FOR SINGLES
The Gottman Institute sought out a diverse group of singles to participate in a beta version of a new program we are developing. Based on Dr. Gottman’s New York Times bestseller The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, this workshop is being created to help singles learn how to have fulfilling and successful relationships.
TREATING AFFAIRS AND TRAUMA
This month Drs. John and Julie Gottman presented Treating Affairs and Trauma in Berkley where professionals learned important variations in assessment and intervention techniques that empower couples to not only rebuild their relationship, but also create immunity from future betrayals.
FEATURED INSTAGRAM POST
Are you following us on Instagram? We provide practical skills to strengthen relationships.
FEATURED CLASS PHOTO
This month’s featured class photo is from a Bringing Baby Home Educator Training presented by Joni Parthemer M.Ed & Beth Goss in Seattle, WA.
To see more photos from professional training events around the country, click here.