This month The Gottman Institute moved into a new office, Drs. John and Julie Gottman presented a record breaking The Art and Science of Love workshop in Seattle, and we gifted our annual Valentine’s Day Flash Sale.
“Month in Review” is a feature on The Gottman Relationship Blog that gives you the opportunity to recap the news and events of the last month. Below you will find useful information and links from February, including mentions in the media, important announcements, blog postings, class photos, and more.
The emotionally intelligent husband is interested in his wife’s emotions because he honors and respects her. His relationship, sex life, and overall joy will be far greater than the man who lacks emotional intelligence.
- JoyOnline: 5 Simple Ways to Strengthen the Friendship in Your Marriage
- Psychology Today: Why a Child’s Social-Emotional Skills are So Important
- The Huffington Post: Building a Great Sex Life is Not Rocket Science
- P.S. I Love You: 6 Steps to Mindfully Deal With Difficult Emotions
- The Huffington Post: The Secret to a Meaningful Life is Meaningful Relationships
- Verily: This is How Healthy Relationships Handle Conflict Resolution
- True Viral News: Research Has Spoken: This is the #1 Predictor of Divorce
- The Huffington Post: Why We Need to Stop Playing the Blame Game in Relationships
- All 4 Women: Couples Who Talk About Sex Have Better Sex
- Psychology Today: How the Little Things Make or Break a Relationship
- The Huffington Post: Sliding Door Moments: The Doorway to Building Trust in Relationships
- Mother.ly: 10 Habits to Shape a Kind, Well-Adjusted Child
- Business Insider: Science Says Lasting Relationships Come Down to 2 Basic Traits
- The Huffington Post: 10 Ways to Rekindle the Passion in Your Marriage
- MSN Lifestyle: The No. 1 Thing 15 Relationship Experts Have Learned About Love
- NZHerald: Five Myths for a Happier Marriage
- The Huffington Post: Conflict is a Normal and Natural Part of Your “Happily Ever After”
- Psychology Today: 3 Things You Should Never Say to Your Partner
- Business Insider: Power Couples Who Stay Together Have 9 Things in Common
- Daily Life: The Tiny Thing That Predicts the Success of Any Relationship
- The Art of Manliness: Why the Secret of a Happy, Successful Marriage is Treating it Like a Bank Account
- Buzzfeed: 13 Children’s Books That Encourage Kindness Towards Eachother
- Harvard: Raising Caring Ethical Children
- Singapore Brides: 6 Signs You’re in a Happy, Lasting Relationship
- Business Insider: 8 Signs You’re in a Strong Relationship- Even if it Doesn’t Feel Like It
- Mother.ly: Emotionally Intelligent Husbands are Key to a Lasting Marriage
- Business Insider: America’s Top Couples Therapist Says All Successful Marriages Share This Trait
- IFL Science: 4 Behaviors Are The Most Reliable Predictors of Divorce
- Momzette: Trouble With Your Marriage? Time to Make a “Map”
- Annie Wright: 7 Key Relationship Insights I’ve Learned as a Couples Counselor
- Parent.co: How to Strengthen Your Child’s Emotional Intelligence
- Your Tango: What is Emotional Agility- And Why is Severely Impacts Your Relationship
- The Huffington Post: Hurt Feelings Do Not Mean You Did Something Wrong
NEW ON THE GOTTMAN RELATIONSHIP BLOG
The difference between happy couples and unhappy couples is not that happy couples don’t make mistakes. We all do. How couples repair is what separates the relationship Masters from the Disasters.
- 3 Ways to Rekindle Romance After Baby Arrives
- How to Handle Anger in Your Relationship
- Why You Need to Accept Your Partner’s Needs
- Empathy is Key to Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Teen
- Research Shows a Couple’s Friendship is Key to Reducing Postpartum Depression
- 5 Simple Ways to Make Sex More Romantic
- 4 Negative Behaviors That May Be Making You Sick
- Your Teen Needs You to be Their Digital Mentor
- Hurt Feelings Do Not Mean You Did Something Wrong
Valentine’s Day Flash Sale
This year our Valentine was all of you! We gifted a 48 hour flash sale offering 20% off all items and brought back our Date Night bundle for you and your sweetie to show fondness and admiration each day of the year!
The Art and Science of Love
Love was in the air when Dr’s. John and Julie Gottman presented at the annual February Art and Science of Love workshop in Downtown Seattle. This workshop broke records with the largest number in registrations and attendees yet!
FEATURED INSTAGRAM POST
Are you following us on Instagram? We provide practical skills to strengthen relationships.
FEATURED CLASS PHOTO
This month’s featured class photo is from a Leven 1 Training presented by Don Cole, D.Min. LPC-S, LMFT-S in Phoenix, Arizona.
To see more photos from professional training events around the country, click here.