This month we hosted a sold out Art and Science of Love Workshop, went Facebook Live with Drs. John and Julie Gottman, presented at the annual ParentMap lecture series, and launched a Mother’s Day Flash Sale.
“Month in Review” is a feature on The Gottman Relationship Blog that gives you the opportunity to recap the news and events of the last month. Below you will find useful information and links from May, including mentions in the media, important announcements, blog postings, class photos, and more.
Your partner can’t read your mind. If you need something, it’s on you to ask for it.
- Psychology Today: Not Naughty: 10 Ways Kids Appear to Be Acting Bad But Aren’t
- Your Tango: 3 Betrayals That Destroy Relationships (And Aren’t Infidelity)
- Psychology Today: This Conversation Can Protect Your Relationship From Stress
- Harvard Business Review: 8 Ways to Get a Difficult Conversation Back on Track
- MomZette: The Best Things About Your Spouse: Time to Recall What They Are
- YourTango: The #1 BEST thing you can do to guarantee a successful marriage
NEW ON THE GOTTMAN RELATIONSHIP BLOG
The small, everyday interactions like holding hands, a long hug, and cuddling at the end of the day are tender moments that keep partners physically connected.
- Understanding Must Precede Advice
- How to Attract Your Ideal Client as a Gottman Couples Therapist: An Interview with Joe Sanok, MA, LLP, LCC, Part II
- Transforming Criticism into Wishes: A Recipe for Successful Conflict
- Helping Little Ones with Big Emotions
- To the Mom Who Loves Motherhood but Misses Her Freedom, Too
- There Are Two Views to Every Conflict and Both Are Valid
- Not Just Friends: Recovering From an Emotional Affair
- Build Stronger Family Connections by Speaking Love Languages
- Help Your Partner Understand Your Side of the Conflict in 3 Steps
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY
This Mother’s Day The Gottman Institute celebrated moms by thanking them for all they do by gifting 20% off all items sitewide. Moms sure do make life beautiful and we hope you all had a great day being celebrated!
Drs. John and Julie Gottman went Facebook Live in an interview with The Gottman Institute’s Research Director Carrie Cole to discuss their new paper, “The Natural Principles of Love“, published in Journal of Family Theory & Review.
PARENTMAP LECTURE SERIES
This month Dr. Gottman presented “Happy Marriage, Happy Family” in Seattle as part of the ParentMap lecture series. He also stopped by KING 5 news to give a preview of this lecture where couples learn how to have a successful marriage and family life.
FEATURED INSTAGRAM POST
Are you following us on Instagram? We provide practical skills to strengthen relationships.More in Month in Review