Why Work With Us?
At The Gottman Institute, we inspire, support, and challenge each other every day as we find new ways to bring greater love and health to relationships all over the world. We are clinicians, scientists, thinkers, writers, and designers who are smart, fun, and truly dedicated to making a difference.
Graphic Design Intern
We are seeking a part-time, paid Graphic Design Intern to join our hardworking and highly talented Marketing Department. The Graphic Design Intern will report to the Art Director.
Our team members receive great personal satisfaction knowing that our products and programs are improving relationships between couples and families throughout the world. We are looking for someone who is creative, good at taking direction and feedback, well organized, and proactive when working on projects. This candidate would be mostly working remotely with a weekly meeting at our office.
- Design and create graphics to meet specific commercial or promotional needs, such as packaging, displays, email campaigns, and social media
- Strong understanding of art and design, with a great aesthetic and eye for details
- Conceptualizing and developing the creative vision and language for specific projects
- Participating in department meetings, presenting creative and speaking to design intent
- Keep current on design/production trends, materials, and developments
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or current enrollment in a related field
- Expert skills with Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator)
- Experience creating print and web collateral
- Competent with MS Word, Excel, and other MS Office applications
- Well-organized with proficient administrative skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail and a minimum of direction
- Able to meet hard deadlines with multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Self-motivated, works well independently, and enjoys collaborative team process
- Comfortable communicating with public/staff
- Warm, outgoing, and professional manner
Please send a resume, cover letter, and a link to portfolio to Caitlin Donahue at firstname.lastname@example.org.