Why Work With Us?
At The Gottman Institute, we inspire, support, and challenge each other every day as we find new ways to bring greater love and health to relationships all over the world. We are clinicians, scientists, thinkers, writers, marketers, and designers who are smart, fun, and truly dedicated to making a difference.
Our office is located in the Fourth and Blanchard Building in the heart of downtown Seattle with seventeenth floor views looking out over the Olympic Mountains and the waters of the Puget Sound.
Benefits of Working at The Gottman Institute
- Competitive compensation
- Relationship skills
- Paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including health insurance
- ORCA card
- Bring your dog to work
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Free monthly catered lunches
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, baseball games, and more
Training and Events Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Professional Programs
Provide administrative support and coordination for training and events. Collaborate with Program Managers to organize and plan TGI training and events, including logistics, hospitality rentals, AV and presentation needs, catering and customer support. Collaborate with the Products department to effectively order workshop materials and ensure accurate and timely delivery for TGI, Partner and Trainer-hosted events. Coordinate with the Marketing department to maintain an accurate events calendar and online registration process. Maintain and process customer records, such as registration and payment, attendee rosters, workshop evaluations and certificates of completion.
Training and Event Coordination
- Collaborate with Program Managers to organize and plan TGI events, including logistics, hospitality rentals, AV and presentation needs, catering, staging and hospitality supplies
- Collaborate with the Products department to effectively order workshop materials and ensure accurate and timely delivery for TGI and Trainer events
- Invoice Trainers for materials ordered
- Coordinate with the Marketing department to maintain an accurate events calendar and online registration process
- Maintain contact list and contract records for vendors
Data and Document Management
- Maintain and process customer records, such as registration and payment, attendee rosters, workshop evaluations and certificates of completion
- Update customer records in CRM (Salesforce) to track training completion
- Respond to customer inquiries via phone and email, and escalate as necessary
- Support customers in registration inquiries for event
- Oversee event roster and head counting, including issuing refunds and roster reconciliation
- Coordinate with Program Managers to send confirmation emails to event registrants
- Reconcile the event attendance rosters, and send certificates of completion with follow up email to attendees
- Attend TGI training and events as needed to provide on-site team, vendor and customer support
Expansive customer service tool box
- Strong follow-through.
- Resourceful and willing to work with a team in problem solving. First-class problem solver.
Strong communication skills (oral, written, presentation) with both external and internal customers
- Act as an active listener, seeking to understand and then to be understood, articulating clearly and confidently.
- Excels at communicating clearly and effectively verbally.
- Strong proficiency in writing summaries, documents, reports, and presentations.
Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Able to multitask, maintain focus on several different projects at one time and hit deadlines.
- Able to be flexible with attention and priority.
- Ability to collaborate, coordinate, track, and execute tasks in partnership with other departments and teams.
- Comfortable and effective working in Microsoft Office. Proficiency with project planning, spreadsheet, and database software.
- Able to quickly learn new software and systems. Familiarity with Google Suite, Asana, Salesforce.
- Able to work effectively both individually and in a team with minimal supervision; able to make decisions using own initiative based on company policy.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required
- Event coordination experience preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
- Project management experience preferred
To apply for this role, please send your resume or LinkedIn profile link with a brief introduction email to Amy Loftis at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, and candidates from underrepresented backgrounds.
Customer Service Intern
Reports to: Customer Service Manager
Hours: 24 hours/week; Monday through Wednesday
Pay Rate: $15/Hour
The Gottman Institute (TGI) is looking for a part-time intern to work within the Products Department. The Gottman Institute teaches couples, clinicians and educators a research-based approach to maintain greater love and health in relationships, through lectures, programs, workshops and social media. The ideal candidate for this position will have project management experience and a customer service background.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Taking on Data Entry projects entering information into computer databases for effective record keeping. Daily responsibilities include:
- Organizing files and collecting data.
- Respond to inquiries via phone and email in a warm, professional, and timely manner; triage calls and web emails to appropriate person/department as soon as possible
- Customer Service: Handle all customer inquiries via phone or email within 24 hours
- Respond to all questions, tracking, and troubleshooting of product orders (returns, undelivered, damaged, replacements, etc.)
- Process orders through WooCommerce and Salesforce including accepting payments and organizing shipments accurately
- Interact with fulfillment house and coordinate customer service requests in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction and minimal negative impact to revenue stream
- Manage orders processed through the online store and troubleshoot any problems or discrepancies in shipping or declined cards
- Support Products Department: Assist with Product
- Development tasks as needed
- Participate in staff meetings and strategic planning meetings as needed
- Help carry out the mission and vision of The Gottman Institute.
- Bachelor’s degree with experience in office administration/customer service preferred
- Excellent communication and writing skills with ability to summarize and represent our products and programs to the public with a high level of professionalism
- Comfortable communicating with the public, clinicians, and professionals
- Warm, outgoing, and positive attitude
- MS Word, Excel, CRM database, and information tracking experience
- Well-organized; ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a deep attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong experience with and/or propensity for customer service and sales
- Self-motivated; works well independently and takes initiative on new projects
- Welcomes the opportunity to identify areas for system improvement and implement new, streamlined processes according to department needs
- Strong social skills, effective interdepartmental communication skills, and enjoys a collaborative team process
- Experience providing technical support over the phone extremely helpful, but not required. Enjoys working in a small company environment
- Interest in overall mission of the Gottman Institute.
The Gottman Institute (TGI) is a small company. The prospective employee will be required to work from our offices where our dress code is business casual. Each employee has a high degree of ownership regarding his or her area of responsibility, plus the opportunity to contribute to the formation and integration of new business strategies. Our employees receive great personal satisfaction knowing that our products and programs are improving relationships between couples and families throughout the world.
A resume accompanied by a cover letter, which relates applicant’s qualifications and experience to those stated for the position should be sent to: email@example.com.