At The Gottman Institute, we inspire, support, and challenge each other every day as we find new ways to bring greater love and health to relationships all over the world. We are clinicians, scientists, thinkers, writers, marketers, and designers who are smart, fun, and truly dedicated to making a difference.
Our office is located in the Fourth and Blanchard Building in the heart of downtown Seattle with seventeenth floor views looking out over the Olympic Mountains and the waters of the Puget Sound.
Benefits of Working at The Gottman Institute:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid time off, health insurance with vision/dental, and 401K
- ORCA card
- Online learning and workshops to help you gain relationship skills
- Great views of the Puget Sound and downtown Seattle from our offices
- Visit with Amu the Office Dog
- Motorized sit/stand desks
- Your choice of Mac or PC laptop
- Stocked fridge, coffee, soda, and lots of treats and healthy snacks
- Free monthly catered lunches
- Regular team activities such as annual baseball games, monthly team building events, and more
Location: Seattle, Washington
We are looking for a full-time Marketing Coordinator to join our team in Seattle.
Founded by John and Julie Gottman in 1996, The Gottman Institute is a recognized global leader in science-based relationship help. We’re growing rapidly, and we’re looking for a Marketing Coordinator to support our in-house marketing team.
You will provide critical operational support for the entire marketing team and will have the opportunity to learn directly from professionals with diverse experience in design, public relations, digital marketing, social media, copywriting, and brand and partnership development.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Working with the Marketing Director to execute email marketing campaigns by building lists, populating templates, and testing links, updating web content, and building reports in our CRM.
- Working with the Content Director to coordinate with contributors to the Gottman Relationship Blog and other copywriters to support content partnerships.
- Working with the PR Specialist to coordinate media interviews (podcast, radio, print) with subject matter experts, including John and Julie Gottman and Certified Gottman Therapists.
- Working with internal stakeholders to coordinate marketing presence at couples workshops, professional trainings, and other events.
- Using project management software to help the marketing team stay on top of deadlines.
- Coordinating calendars and scheduling meetings, creating agendas, taking notes, and distributing action items.
- Performing other related duties and assignments as required.
You’re passionate about helping people. You have strong people skills and organizational capabilities. You understand project management and have your own good practices for driving work forward. You’re independent, you don’t mind wearing multiple hats, and you value a collaborative work environment. You may be looking to jumpstart your career in marketing, or you may be looking to apply your previous experience in a supporting role.
- Experience in a marketing, administrative, or project management role
- Strong attention to detail and an eye for quality
- Self-starter attitude—isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get things done
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written, and listening)
- Demonstrated ability to readily learn new skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or Business
- Experience using WordPress, Salesforce, Asana, and G Suite applications
Location: Seattle, Washington
We are looking for a full-time Graphic Designer to join our team in Seattle.
As a graphic designer, you will be responsible for bringing our work to life through custom graphics, engaging social content, and dynamic visuals. This is so much more than just “making the logo bigger.”
Your day-to-day will include:
- Attending and actively participating in marketing team meetings to determine strategic and creative objectives of each project
- Determining size and arrangement of graphics based on media type and aesthetic design concepts
- Organizing and managing design files and assets
- Creating assets to support digital marketing campaigns, including paid, email, and social media
- Researching and executing custom graphic needs, including acquisition of stock photos
- Creating mockups for new landing page designs
- Producing flyers, postcards, signs, and other print marketing needs
- Updating existing print marketing collateral
As a graphic designer or production designer, you’ve worked for either an agency or in-house within a marketing department. You’ve been developing your design skills for a few years, probably under the wing of someone else, and you’re ready to step out on your own.
As a human being, you’re creative, passionate about helping people, naturally curious, and possess an above-average level of emotional intelligence and good judgment.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator)
- High level of comfort accepting and integrating feedback into design projects
- Strong grasp of design principles, including typography, color, imagery, and composition
- Deep understanding of social platforms and digital storytelling
- Strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail and a minimum of direction
- Curiosity with a desire to stay informed of industry trends and learn new skills
- Self-motivated, works well independently, and enjoys collaborative team process
- 2+ years of experience in a similar graphic design role
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field, or equivalent combination of education/training and experience
- Photography experience is a plus