At The Gottman Institute, we inspire, support, and challenge each other every day as we find new ways to bring greater love and health to relationships all over the world. We are clinicians, scientists, thinkers, writers, marketers, and designers who are smart, fun, and truly dedicated to making a difference.
Our office is located in the Fourth and Blanchard Building in the heart of downtown Seattle with seventeenth floor views looking out over the Olympic Mountains and the waters of the Puget Sound.
Benefits of Working at The Gottman Institute
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid time off, health insurance, and 401k
- ORCA card
- Bring your dog to work
- Online learning and workshops to help you gain relationship skills
- Motorized standing desks
- Your choice of Mac or PC laptop
- Stocked fridge, coffee, soda, and lots of treats and healthy snacks
- Free monthly catered lunches
- Regular team activities such as annual baseball games, monthly team building events, and more
Inventory and Supply Chain Manager
Seattle, Washington, United States · Operations · Full-time
We are seeking a skilled inventory and supply chain manager to own production, inventory, and fulfillment functions at The Gottman Institute (TGI). You will have the opportunity to learn our current operations and to develop and implement updated and new approaches to meet our evolving needs. We are expecting this role to determine how our inventory and supply chain functions can optimally support current and future business goals, and then execute a strategy to get us there.
You have at least 3 years or more of work experience that demonstrates practical skill relevant to this position. You enjoy rolling up your sleeves to understand how things work and truly enjoy simplifying processes and streamlining operations. You understand the principles of inventory management and can immediately apply analytical approaches to update our current, manual practices. You are excited to play a leading role in shaping direction for a critical area of the organization, and believe that learning our current practice is the first step in that process.
You have a positive attitude and believe customers and colleagues generally have good intentions. You have strong technical skills and inventory management knowledge. You understand formal project management processes, but probably have adapted them to create your own good practices for driving work forward. You’re independent and don’t need to be told what to do, and you value seeking feedback and gathering information before making decisions that impact others.
This position serves to manage operations in supply chain, overseeing production and distribution of educational print materials. TGI has a catalog consisting of about 100 physical products sold primarily via ecommerce, with an average of 4400 units shipped per month. Supply chain operations consist broadly of managing supply, warehouse, and fulfillment activities to support TGI goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Purchasing and Production
- Forecast necessary purchasing requirements for all products
- Manage all purchase orders securing the best possible value while balancing appropriate quality and delivery requirements
- Review and approve all relevant invoices for payment through accounting team
- Establish systems to analyze cost and margin data to support strategic company goals
- Collaborate with marketing and product on all ecommerce and live event sales to determine sales projections and appropriate inventory levels
- Collaborate with product and design teams to advise on production details related to new and updated design requirements
- Manage quality control, working with our vendors to maintain our quality and brand standards
- Support emerging product roadmaps and advise on SKU optimization
- Assess needs and implement inventory related processes to manage costs and reduce waste while maintaining quality standards
- Lead initiative to optimize supply chain operations, including assessment of inventory management software solutions
- Use strategic forecasting to identify potential inventory stockout risks and maintain inventory levels
- Oversee all inventory records, including performing regular inventory audits
- Maintain appropriate product information in company database (Salesforce)
- Facilitate visibility of inventory-related information internally, including communications with product, marketing, operations, and accounting teams
- Oversee shipping of inventory from our fulfillment vendor, including processing time, product packaging and returns
- Assess and implement international shipping and production strategy to meet growing demand
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with outside vendors
- Research and identify new suppliers and lead negotiations for services
- Develop and maintain service level documentation supporting effective operation
- Manage emergent issues relating to quality, speed, or build issues
Supervisory and Management
- Develop a unit structure to best achieve planned goals and objectives
- Recruit and develop staff and manage assignment of projects and tasks
- Work directly with unit directors and project leads to meet business goals
DESIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in an e-commerce environment
- Ability to apply statistical inventory control principles
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to quickly understand root cause and identify scalable solutions
- Excellent business judgment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to get things done in a self-directed manner
- Experience implementing technology solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; Or significant functional experience to serve as a subject matter expert
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Inventory Management, Planning, or Supply Chain, or equivalent experience in Finance or Operations
Please submit your application here.