Why Work With Us?
At The Gottman Institute, we inspire, support, and challenge each other every day as we find new ways to bring greater love and health to relationships all over the world. We are clinicians, scientists, thinkers, writers, and designers who are smart, fun, and truly dedicated to making a difference.
Our office is located in the heart of downtown Seattle with seventeenth floor views looking out over the Olympic Mountains and the waters of the Puget Sound.
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
We are seeking a part-time (24-32 hours) Operations Coordinator who is highly organized, motivated, and goal-oriented. The Operations Coordinator will report to the Chief Operations Officer (COO) and will be responsible for managing company technical accounts, developing and maintaining a wiki of company systems, supporting HR and internal staff processes, and maintaining accurate customer records. The Operations Coordinator will also perform a variety of key administrative tasks, including managing office calendars, ordering office supplies, and overseeing the office kitchen (snacks!).
The ideal candidate has experience working in a busy office environment requiring multi-tasking and prioritization skills. Those with experience in an administration role are encouraged to apply. Technical skills are preferred.
- Manage all development operations (DevOps) and company technical accounts, including Amazon Web Services, LastPass, Google Suite, Asana, Slack, Vimeo, and Box.com
- Oversee company technical security and maintain all organizational passwords
- Manage onsite tech support ticketing system (email@example.com) to liaise between staff and contracted IT support
- Create and maintain documentation of all internal workflow systems and operations
- Coordinate onboarding of new staff, including training on company policies and procedures
- Maintain customer accounts by accurately uploading records to Salesforce and sending certificates of completion for professional trainings
- Support employee morale and office culture by coordinating staff events, both onsite and offsite
- Schedule staff meetings, prepare agendas, and log minutes
- Oversee office supply needs
- Provide on-site support for company events and trainings when additional staff are needed
- Experience in an administrative management role
- Proficient with Google Suite, especially Sheets and Docs
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others
- Excellent communication and time management skills
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter to Lindsay Simon Fox, Chief Operations Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digital Marketing Intern
The Gottman Institute (TGI) is looking for a part-time Digital Marketing Intern to work within the Marketing Department during the Summer months of July-September. The Gottman Institute teaches a research-based approach to strengthening relationships through social media, live workshops, seminars, and online products. We are looking for a motivated, hardworking, and talented candidate with a passion for digital marketing.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
In this position, you will be an active member of the Marketing Department reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager. Your job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Content planning and creation across social media platforms, including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and the Gottman Blog
- Assist in the development of email marketing strategy to increase product sales and event attendance
- Track performance of digital media campaigns using analytics platforms
- Helping run paid social and SEM ads
- Optimize the TGI website for search engines (SEO)
- Organizing and formatting the Gottman Blog
- Other possible tasks including ad writing, and creative work
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Organized with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Background in marketing, business, or other related field of study
- Understanding of WordPress and basic HTML
- Ability to work independently
- Basic understanding of SEO and SEM
- Experience working with Google Analytics and familiarity with Google Adwords
- Data visualization – proficient in excel
- A basic understanding of marketing analytics and the role it plays in making informed business decisions
- Photoshop capabilities a plus
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Jill Unruh, Digital Marketing Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Hours: Full time (40 hrs/week), Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Our employees receive great personal satisfaction knowing that our products and programs are improving relationships between couples and families throughout the world. We are looking for someone who is creative, good at taking direction and feedback, well organized, and proactive when working on projects. This person would be sharing a collaborative office space with 1 or 2 other friendly people.
- Design and create graphics to meet specific commercial or promotional needs, such as packaging, displays, email campaigns, and social media. May use a variety of mediums to achieve artistic or decorative effects.
- Strong understanding of art and design, with a great aesthetic and eye for details.
- Conceptualizing and developing the creative vision and language for specific projects.
- Participating in department meetings, presenting creative and speaking to design intent.
- Keep current on design/production trends, materials, and developments.
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years experience in graphic design
- Expert skills with Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator)
- Experience creating print and web collateral
- Competent with MS Word, Excel, and other MS Office applications
- Well-organized with proficient administrative skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail and a minimum of direction
- Able to meet hard deadlines with multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Self-motivated, works well independently AND enjoys collaborative team process
- Comfortable communicating with public/staff
- Warm, outgoing and professional manner
The Gottman Institute is a small company and our overall package offers tangible, unique benefits. We offer Health Insurance after 30 days of employment and generous vacation and time away from work. The prospective employee will work at our offices in Downtown Seattle. Our dress code is business casual.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Caitlin Donahue, at firstname.lastname@example.org including a link to your portfolio.