This month Drs. John and Julie Gottman presented at a sold out The Art and Science of Love workshop in Seattle, hosted a Master Trainers workshop on Orcas Island, and presented the Level 1 Clinical Training amongst the California Redwoods at 1440 Multiversity.
“Month in Review” is a feature on The Gottman Relationship Blog that gives you the opportunity to recap the news and events of the last month. Below you will find useful information and links from July, including mentions in the media, important announcements, blog postings, class photos, and more.
According to marriage expert, John Gottman, it takes five positive interactions to overcome one negative interaction.
- YourTango: 2 Biases That Seriously Hurt Your Relationship (That You’re Not Even Aware Of)
- The Good Men Project: Stop Trying To Fix Your Partner’s Feelings
- Fatherly: 5 Surprising Benefits of Fathers Doing Laundry
- All4Women: 6 Arguments All Married Couples Have
- Marie Claire: These are the Four Biggest Indicators That Your Relationship is in Trouble
- TIME: Marriage is a lot Harder Than I Thought
- Psychology Today: 52 Ways to Show I Love You: Having Fun Together
NEW ON THE GOTTMAN RELATIONSHIP BLOG
By putting one foot in front of the other, you can create interactions of connection that lead to a relationship shaped by love, respect, and affirmation.
- Self-Interest is Not Selfish in Relationships
- Welcoming a New Baby: How to Help a Big Sibling With the Transition
- 2 Biases That May Be Hurting Your Relationship
MASTER TRAINER RETREAT
Each year John and Julie Gottman host a Master Trainer retreat on their property on Orcas Island. Here we discuss the goals and achievements of The Gottman Institute and get to know one another better to create a stronger #teamgottman.
FEATURED INSTAGRAM POST
Are you following us on Instagram? We provide practical skills to strengthen relationships.
FEATURED CLASS PHOTO
This month’s featured class photo is from a Level 1 Clinical Training presented by Mike McNulty in Techny, Illinois.
To see more photos from professional training events around the country, click here.More in Uncategorized