July was another busy month at The Gottman Institute. We were featured by AARP and Yahoo Health, presented 14 couples workshops and professional trainings all over the world, and hosted a very successful Seven Principles Program Educator Training in Seattle, WA.
“Month in Review” is a feature on The Gottman Relationship Blog that gives you the opportunity to recap the news and events of the last month. Below you will find useful information and links from July, including mentions in the media, important announcements, blog postings, class photos, and more.
I may love discussing relationships, but I have a serious aversion to math. Anything above simple algebra can break me out into stress sweats. So when I heard a mathematician had developed a formula for lasting love, the only thing I did is let out a groan. Eventually, I took a look, and it’s actually quite simple—so easy, in fact, that even I could add it up.
- AARP News: Relationship Advice and Strategies for Couples
- Bustle: Are You A “We” Person or A “Me” Person? Comparing Your Partner to Someone Else’s May Determine If Your Relationship Will Last, New Study Finds
- Business Insider: Relationship Experts Explain How Two Highly Successful People Can Make Their Marriage Work
- Verily Magazine: The Phrase That Helps Couples Heal After a Fight
- Verily Magazine: The Real Magic Behind All the Hype of a Wedding Day
- Washington Post: The Smartphone in the bed: How to Keep Technology From Ruining Your Relationship
THE 2015 SUMMIT
Have you registered yet? Come learn with us as Drs. John and Julie Gottman convene with the world’s most renowned researchers and leaders in the fields of emotion and the treatment of severely distressed clients.
To secure your seat, click here.
NEW ON THE GOTTMAN RELATIONSHIP BLOG
According to relationship and marriage expert Dr. John Gottman, couples wait an average of six years of being unhappy before getting help.
FEATURED INSTAGRAM POST
Comment on our weekly #SmallThingsOften post on Instagram with a small thing that your partner does that makes a big difference in your relationship. Each week we choose our favorite submission and the winner receives a surprise from the Gottman Store!
FEATURED LINKEDIN POST
Are you following us on LinkedIn? Stay up-to-date with interesting articles and upcoming events that are in your area.
FEATURED CLASS PHOTO
This month’s featured class photo is from a Gottman Seven Principles Program Educator Training presented by David Penner, Ph.D., and Laura Heck, LMFT in Seattle, WA.