This month Drs. John and Julie Gottman presented our new training Treating Affairs and Trauma in Tampa, we launched a new blog column titled The Questionnaires, and brought back The Gottman Gift Guide for our annual #GiveLove Holiday Sale.
“Month in Review” is a feature on The Gottman Relationship Blog that gives you the opportunity to recap the news and events of the last month. Below you will find useful information and links from November, including mentions in the media, important announcements, blog postings, class photos, and more.
Conflict in marriage is inevitable, and it’s a mechanism for learning how to love each other better.
- The Huffington Post: Why You Need To Stop Judging People Who Don’t Leave A Cheating Spouse
- Psych Central: These 5 Conversations Will Change Your Marriage for Good
- The Huffington Post: The 9 Most Overlooked Threats to a Marriage
- Family Share: 2 traits scientifically proven to make your relationship last
- Creative Child: 4 Parental Behaviors to Avoid
- The Good Men Project: Emotionally Intelligent Husbands Are Key To A Lasting Marriage
- The Huffington Post: These 13 Happy Couples Sleep In Separate Beds. Here’s Why
- Business Insider: How to reconcile with close friends and family who backed the other candidate this election
- Dirt and Boogers: 44 Delightful Ways To Tell Your Kids You Love Them
- Business Insider: A Harvard psychologist explains how to have civil Thanksgiving arguments
- American Psychology Association: Smartphone=not-so-smart parenting?
- Verily Magazine: 5 Topics Couples Avoid For as Long as Possible (But Shouldn’t)
- Scary Mommy: Fathers Need To Show Mothers Love Through Their Actions
- American Psychology Association: Resilience Guide
- Fox 13: How to Allocate Family Time During The Holiday Hustle
- Mother Jones: What If Everything You Knew About Disciplining Kids Was Wrong?
- Positive Parenting Connection: Discipline: Teaching Through Love Instead of Fear
- Business Insider: Psychologists figured out one trait that makes relationships last
- Positive Discipline: Validate Feelings
- About Relationships: What a Prominent Marriage Researcher Wants You to Know
- Imperfect Families: Let Your Child Feel Their Feelings
- The Huffington Post: Your “Ideal Partner” Will Always Create Problems
- The Huffington Post: 6 Rules to Live By When You Discipline Your Child
- ATTN: Most Common Reasons Couples Break Up
- The Huffington Post: Why And How To Date Your Spouse: 6 Tips For Successful Date Nights
- Quartz: Proof That a Good Marriage to Your Best Friend Makes You Happier
- Cheat Sheet: The Importance of Emotional Attraction
- Verily Magazine: Your Emotional Intelligence Can Strengthen Your Marriage
- Good Men Project: The #1 Thing Couples Fight About
- Bustle: 4 Fascinating Facts About Marriage, Uncovered By Scientific Research
- YMC: Tantrum Tamers: 32 Phrases to Use With 3 and 4 Year-Olds
- The Huffington Post: Real Love is a Choice
- The Huffington Post: 8 Things You’ve Been Taught About Marriage That Are Totally Wrong
- Verily Magazine: Mastering This Underrated Skill Could be The Most Transformational Thing You do For Your Relationship
- Health: 7 Signs You’re Headed for Divorce, According to a Relationship Expert
NEW ON THE GOTTMAN RELATIONSHIP BLOG
- Do You and Your Partner Have Shared Goals?
- The “Golden Rule” for New Parents to Keep the Romance Alive
- A Couples Guide to Handling Holiday Conflict
- How Well Do You Repair Your Relationship?
- Learning to Love Again After an Affair
- Romantic Relationships Take a Dive After Baby Arrives (According to Research)
- 3 Ways to Keep Your Relationship in the Positive Perspective
- How Positively Do You View Your Partner?
- Debunking 5 Myths About Premarital Conflict
- How to Be Kind When You’re Upset With Your Partner
- The State of Our Union
- An Affair Does Not Have to Mean the End
- 3 Daily Habits That are Better for Your Marriage Than an Exotic Vacation
TREATING AFFAIRS AND TRAUMA IN TAMPA
This month Drs. John and Julie Gottman presented our new clinical training Treating Affairs and Trauma in Tampa. Attendees learned valuable insight on how to help couples heal from affairs and trauma in their relationship. If you’d like to learn more about this training, click here.
We also started a new blog column this month called “The Questionnaires“. Every Monday we publish a quiz that accesses different areas in your relationship. Subscribe to our mailing list to be alerted every time we publish a new post!
THE GOTTMAN GIFT GUIDE
We brought back The Gottman Gift Guide this month for our annual #GiveLove Holiday Sale! For the first time ever, we are offering special product bundles for couples, parents, and professionals, along with 20% off all items. Take advantage of the savings by December 7th.
FEATURED INSTAGRAM POST
Are you following us on Instagram? We provide practical skills to strengthen relationships.
FEATURED CLASS PHOTO
This month’s featured class photo is from the first ever Level 2 Training presented in Auckland, New Zealand by Trish Purnell-Webb
MPsych (Clin). To see more photos from professional training events around the country, click here.