This month Dr. John Gottman presented “Making Love Last and Marriage Work” as part of the 2016 ParentMap Lecture Series, we hosted the largest ever The Art and Science of Love couples workshop with 339 couples in attendance, and we celebrated Valentine’s Day by offering a flash sale. Make sure you’re on our mailing list so you never miss an announcement!
“Month in Review” is a feature on The Gottman Relationship Blog that gives you the opportunity to recap the news and events of the last month. Below you will find useful information and links from February, including mentions in the media, important announcements, blog postings, class photos, and more.
Love is patient. Love is kind. Love is…detectable on an fMRI scan? Poets have written about love for millennia, but only recently has it become a subject of serious scientific pursuit.
- The Atlantic: Love is a battlefield
- AVL Couples Therapy: 3 strategies for managing relationship conflict this winter season
- FamilyShare: 6 scientifically proven ways to strengthen your marriage
- Fast Company: What your failed relationships can teach you about leadership
- Giving Birth With Confidence: The evolving pregnancy and postpartum relationship – normal or not?
- GoodTherapy.org: Starting with yes: cultivating the positive in relationships
- Happify: Everything that you need to know about sex and happiness
- The Huffington Post: 4 keys to mastering love and relationships
- The Huffington Post: Can good marriages have unresolved conflicts?
- The Huffington Post: What’s communication got to do with… lasting love?
- Mindbodygreen: The #1 skill that can help you have a great marriage
- Mindful: Make love a priority
- MSN: Here’s your happy marriage checklist
- New York Post: This test will tell you if you’re headed for divorce
- Rodale Wellness: 3 stages of love you’ll go through with ‘the one’
- Tech Insider: A Harvard psychologist’s advice on how to argue when you know you’re right
- Thought Catalog: 20 questions that reflect how healthy your relationship truly is
- TIME: This is the 1 thing ruining your relationship
- Verily Mag: This secret formula helps keep couples happy and healthy
- The Washington Post: Five myths about love
- Yahoo: 4 behaviors are the most reliable predictors of divorce
Dr. John Gottman Presents at 2016 parentmap LECTURE SERIES
Dr. John Gottman delivered his annual ParentMap talk on February 11th to over 400 attendees at the Willows Preparatory School in Redmond, WA. The title of this year’s lecture was, “Making Love Last and Marriage Work.” Head over to our Twitter page for a recap of the evening.
Featured Instagram Post
Are you following us on Instagram? We provide practical skills to strengthen relationships.
Featured Class Photo
This month’s featured class photo is from a Gottman Level 2 Training presented by Nancy D. Young, Ph.D. and Bob Navarra, Ph.D. in Costa Mesa, CA. To see more photos from professional training events around the country, click here.