April was an exciting month at The Gottman Institute. We were featured by The New York Times and Forbes, we launched a board game for couples, and we announced a completely revised and updated edition of The Seven Principles.
“Month in Review” is a new monthly feature on The Gottman Relationship Blog gives you the opportunity to recap the news and events of the last month. Below you will find useful information and links from April, including mentions in the media, new products, blog postings, class photos, and more.
Every couple argues. The difference between a happy couple and an unhappy couple is the way in which they argue. In fact, according to relationship expert John Gottman, the single strongest predictor of whether or not a relationship will succeed or fail lies in the way the couple deals with conflict. (The Mind Unleashed)
- Harvard Business Review: Leaders Win Trust When They Show a Bit of Humanity
- Good Housekeeping: Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard – Why Our Relationship Works
- The Chicago Tribune: “Magic 6 Hours” Could Dramatically Improve Your Relationship
- The Washington Post: What I Learned About Love During My Years of Reporting On Weddings
- The New York Times: The Power of Starting With ‘Yes’
- Forbes: Non-Verbal Cues – The 2 Things Never To Be Left Unspoken
- MSN: Things About Marriage That Couples Should Know
- Observer: The 4 Most Common Relationships Problems and How To Fix Them
- St. Louis Magazine: Creating Rituals of Connection in Your Marriage
- Numberphile: Hannah Fry on The Relationship Equation
The Gottman Couples Retreat Board Game
The world’s best relationship tools just got fun! The game sold out on Amazon in under two hours, and currently has a 4.8/5 star rating.
Click here to learn more!
The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work – Revised Edition
The New York Times bestseller, which has sold over a million copies, is now completely revised and updated. Available May 5th everywhere books are sold.
Click here to learn more!
NEW ON THE GOTTMAN RELATIONSHIP BLOG
While I may be massively unqualified to give advice about marriage,
who more qualified to give advice than Dr. John Gottman and The Gottman Institute?
- Turning Towards Instead of Away
- The Positive Perspective
- Manage Conflict – Part 1
- Manage Conflict – Part 2
FEATURED INSTAGRAM POST
Comment on our weekly #SmallThingsOften post on Instagram with a small thing that your partner does that makes a big difference in your relationship. Each week we choose our favorite submission and the winner receives a surprise from the Gottman Store!
FEATURED CLASS PHOTO