Has your relationship, or the relationship of someone you know, experienced an emotional or sexual affair? The Gottman Institute is seeking participation in a new study on affair recovery in specific geographic areas.
As compensation, couples will meet with a Certified Gottman Therapist and receive access to the Gottman Relationship Checkup assessment and interpretation of the results, an average savings of $450 (Disclaimer: therapist’s standard session rates still apply and limited space is available).
Once a betrayal has been discovered there are many confusing and conflicting emotional experiences for both partners. It’s hard to know where to begin when trying to recover from such a devastating event. Let us help you!
You will be able to work with a skilled, compassionate Certified Gottman Therapist in a clinical setting. Your participation in this study will not only help your relationship, it will also help other couples struggling with affair recovery. This is the first study of its kind and has the potential to change the way affair recovery is treated around the world.
This study is a collaboration between Drs. John and Julie Gottman, The Gottman Institute, Dr. Paul Peluso and Taylor Irvine of Florida Atlantic University, and participating couples and therapists.
Average savings of $450 for Gottman Relationship Checkup assessment and interpretation conducted by a Certified Gottman Therapist! Therapist’s standard session rates still apply and limited space is available).
Do you qualify for the study?
- Couples must be presenting for therapy in response to a sexual or emotional affair
- Couples must be willing to travel to see a therapist located in one of the cities listed below or be willing to engage in telehealth counseling.
- Couples must be married or in a committed relationship
- You have NOT received couple therapy for the affair.
- You have NOT previously worked with a Certified Gottman Therapist.
- You are currently receiving psychotherapy services such as individual therapy or group therapy and are willing to cease services during your participation in the study.
Do you live in a qualifying location?
Couples must be willing to travel to see a therapist located in one of the following cities.
Couples may also opt to see a therapist for telehealth services within the states listed. This works for couples who want to do so for health reasons or for couples who live farther from the city the therapist is located in.
Qualifying locations are predetermined by the therapist state license.
|California**||Walnut Creek, Alameda, Campbell, San Luis Obispo, Tustin|
|Missouri**||Clayton, St. Louis|
|Texas**||Austin, Round Rock|
|Utah**||Salt Lake City|