This month we hosted a sold out Level 3 Training in Seattle, Clinical Director Dave Penner Ph.D. presented a Level 1 Training, a Level 2 Training, and a Seven Principles Leader Training in Singapore, and we held 40 workshops and trainings around the world.
“Month in Review” is a feature on The Gottman Relationship Blog that gives you the opportunity to recap the news and events of the last month. Below you will find useful information and links from September, including mentions in the media, important announcements, blog postings, class photos, and more.
We’re going to learn the best ways to use humor to make you happier, healthier, more successful at work and even to improve your relationships.
- The Good Men Project: Debunking 12 Myths About Relationships
- Verily Magazinet: Should We Really Marry Our Best Friend? Yes, And Here’s Why
- Thought Catalog: This is Your Brain on Porn
- Miami Herald: Is Your Smartphone the Third Party in Your Relationship?
- Momzette: Rekindling the Romance
- The New York Times: Secrets to Lasting Relationships From High School Sweethearts
- Independent: How to Stop a Relationship From Falling Apart, According to Science
- Stylist: The Four Red Flags That Will Spell Trouble in Any Relationship
- Verily Magazine: 3 Conversations to Have Before Marriage to Avoid Irreconciable Differences With Your S.O.
- Fox 13: Three Small Wins That Can Turn Your Relationship Around
- The Huffington Post: Marriage Therapists Say These 6 Things Can Slowly Kill A Marriage
- Business Insider: Successful Power Couples That Stay Together Have These 8 Things in Common
- Indy100: 10 Scientifically Proven Tips For Happier Relationships
- Verily Magazine: How to Avoid the Six Most Common Relationship Problems Before You Get Married
- The Reformed Idealist Mom: Why Every Parent Should Know the Magic 5:1 Ratio – And How to Do It
- The Economic Times: Conflicts Are Not the Only Thing That Can End a Marriage
- Power of Positivity: 3 Habits That Make Parents Have Better Relationships With Their Kids
- Power of Positivity: How “The Gottman Ratio” Can Predict The Success Of Your Relationship
- Business Insider: 10 Facts About Divorce Every Couple Should Know Before Getting Married
- Verily Magazine: Simple Ways to Make Room For Quality Time in a Busy Marriage
- Collective Evolution: Try This Exercise Next Time You and Your Partner Disagree
- The Huffington Post: This Behavior Is The #1 Predictor Of Divorce, And You’re Guilty Of It
- The Good Men Project: 8 Profound Lessons Intimate Relationships Teach Us
- Vogue: Clinton, Trump, or a Breakup? How to Debate Politics While Dating
NEW ON THE GOTTMAN RELATIONSHIP BLOG
The key to overcoming difficult emotions is mindfulness. In this state, you have space to reflect and thoughtfully respond, rather than react
- 10 Rules for a Successful Second Marriage
- 6 Steps to Financial Freedom in Marriage
- The One Fight All Couples Have Before Tying the Knot
- Building Your Marriage on the Four Foundations of Mindfulness
- Automate Money in Your Marriage and Save Thousands
- 3 Betrayals That Ruin Relationships (That Aren’t Infidelity)
- 5 Signs You May Need to Bail on Your Relationship (Based on Research)
LEVEL 3 TRAINING IN SEATTLE
This month John and Julie Gottman presented at a Level 3 Training in Seattle. The venue was packed with therapists who were eager to further their education of the Gottman Method. Interested in attending a Gottman training? Click here to learn more.
DAVE PENNER GOES TO SINGAPORE
Earlier this month, our Clinical Director Dave Penner Ph.D. traveled to Singapore to present a Level 1 Training, a Level 2 Training, and a Seven Principles Leader Training. One attendee attended both the Level 1 and Level 2 trainings, then traveled to Seattle the following week to attend the Level 3 Training presented by the Gottmans. Now that’s dedication!
FEATURED INSTAGRAM POST
Are you following us on Instagram? We provide practical skills to strengthen relationships.
FEATURED CLASS PHOTO
This month’s featured class photo is from a Level 3 Training presented by Marcia J. Gomez
LCSW in Mexico City, Mexico. To see more photos from professional training events around the country, click here.
More in Month in Review