In relationships, the ability to compromise with another is in constant flux. Building skills that improve your ability to be successful in compromise will put you ahead of the game, not only in your romantic relationships but in all of the other important relationships you have throughout your life.
Would you respond true or false to questions like these below?
- Our decisions often get made by both of us compromising.
- We are usually good at resolving our differences.I can give in when I need to, and often do.*
- I can be stubborn in an argument, but I’m not opposed to compromising.
- I think that sharing power in a relationship is very important.
- My partner is not a very stubborn person.
- I don’t believe that one person is right and the other wrong on most issues.
Find out how well you know your partner and how you and your partner use compromise in your relationship with the free relationship quiz for couples.
The Gottman Relationship Adviser, the world’s first complete relationship wellness tool for couples, takes the guesswork out of improving your relationship. Measure your relationship health with a research-based self-assessment, then receive a tailored digital relationship plan proven to heal and strengthen your connection.
For an in-depth analysis of your relationship health check out the Gottman Assessment, a virtual relationship evaluation tool for couples.
If you want to build a deeply meaningful relationship full of trust and intimacy, then subscribe below to receive our blog posts directly to your inbox: