This month we hosted a sold-out Seven Principles Leader Training in Seattle, presented 22 workshops and trainings around the world, and held a Summer Flash Sale on our website. Make sure to subscribe to our mailing list so you never miss an announcement!
“Month in Review” is a feature on The Gottman Relationship Blog that gives you the opportunity to recap the news and events of the last month. Below you will find useful information and links from July, including mentions in the media, important announcements, blog postings, class photos, and more.
If you take a good hard look at couples who are truly happy, you will find that they have built a strong foundation for a happy marriage by doing these five things every day.
- The Telegraph: Marriage makes people happier than six figure salaries and religion
- Verily Magazine: 5 Clues That Your Boyfriend is Really Your Future Husband
- The Huffington Post: 8 Things Marriage Experts Say You Must Do Before Tying The Knot
- Business Insider: The 4 little words you should always use when asking for a raise
- Wait But Why: How to Pick Your Life Partner – Part 2
- Mirror: The one sign your relationship is in serious trouble – according to experts
- Alternet: Why Do Divorced Couples Remarry—and Is It More Common Now Than Ever?
- Elite Daily: 6 Tips To Make Sure Every Fight Leads To A Healthier Relationship
- Daily Mail: The secret to a happy marriage is the ‘5:1 ratio’, expert reveals
- HJ News: On training pups and coaching kids
- Elite Daily: Here’s The Secret To A Lasting Marriage, According To A Relationship Expert
- Verily Magazine: The Happiest Couples You Know do These Five Things Everyday
- Psychology Central: Do I Trust You Anymore?
- Observer: How to Make a Relationship Last: Five Secrets Backed by Research
- Brit + Co: Here’s How to Deal With Parental Criticism
- The Huffington Post: After An Affair: Staying Together
- The Good Men Project: Why Couples Stop Having Sex: The Paradox Of Yes In Saying No
- The Reformed Idealist Mom: How to Be a Happy Mom: Science Says Do These 7 Things
- Freshly Married: The 5:1 Ratio
- Bustle: 11 Ways Your Body Language Could Be Sabotaging Your Relationship, According To ExpertsVerily Magazine
- Psychotherapy Networker: Julie Gottman on When Partners Get Flooded
- Power of Positivity: The 10 Golden Rules of a Relationship
- The Reformed Idealist Mom: 7 Quick Ways to Connect With Your Partner
- Chicago Tribune: The Kids Are All Right – But What About Your Spouse?
- Bustle: 11 Ways To Get Past A Big Fight, According To Experts
- Psychology Today: The New Menage a Trois
- News Ok: Friendship is More Important Than Passion in Marriage (Although Both are Good!)
- Bustle: This Is Why Shutting Down Emotionally In A Relationship Is So Dangerous
- The Huffington Post: 6 Steps To Avoid Losing It During Relationship Conflcits
- Romper: 11 Signs You & Your Spouse Will Be Together Forever
- The Wall Street Journal: Marital Disputes: A Survival Guide
NEW ON THE GOTTMAN RELATIONSHIP BLOG
You have enormous influence to create change and save your marriage.
THE ART AND SCIENCE OF LOVE SOLD OUT IN SEATTLE
This upcoming weekend, John and Julie Gottman will be presenting The Art and Science of Love couples workshop in Seattle, WA. The workshop has officially sold out, but the Gottmans will be hosting the next Seattle workshop in October. Interested in attending our couples workshop? Click here to learn more.
Are you following us on Twitter? We provide practical skills to strengthen relationships.
FEATURED CLASS PHOTO
This month’s featured class photo is from a Level 1 Training presented by Michael McNulty, Ph.D. in Techny, Illinois
To see more photos from professional training events around the country, click here.