This month Drs. John and Julie Gottman were interviewed by Google, we hosted our largest ever The Art and Science of Love workshop in Seattle with 258 couples in attendance, and we celebrated the holidays with our annual #GIVELOVE campaign.
“Month in Review” is a feature on The Gottman Relationship Blog that gives you the opportunity to recap the news and events of the last month. Below you will find useful information and links from December, including mentions in the media, important announcements, blog postings, class photos, and more.
Research has shown that the way a problem is brought up determines both how the rest of that conversation will go and how the rest of the relationship will go.
- About: 6 Secrets to “Divorceproofing” Your Marriage
- ATTN: Staying Positive When You’re Around Toxic People
- Cheat Sheet: The Reactions That Can Make (or Break) a Relationship
- Examiner: Science says healthy, lasting marriages are built on kindness
- Her.ie: These Are The Four Questions to Ask if You Want to Strengthen Your Relationship
- Huffington Post: 11 Key Activities for Creating Trust in Successful Relationships
- Independent: A mathematical formula reveals the secret to lasting relationships
- Mindful: “My Love Life is My Hobby”
- Moving Past Divorce: 9 Warning Signs Your Marriage Is Headed For Divorce
- MSN: The No. 1 Thing 15 Relationship Experts Have Learned About Love
- NetDoctor: What will your relationship look like in five years?
- NewsOK: 8 Communication Grenades Sabotaging Your Conversations
- NewsWorks: How Kissing Can Save Your Marriage, Every Day
- SheKnows: Do these 3 things and you’ll never need marriage counseling
- Slice: 20 Rules for a Happy Marriage
- SuperheroYou: Turn Your Mate Into Your Soulmate By Turning Your Attention Onto What’s Real About Love
- Thought Catalog: 5 Signs You’re In A Relationship That Will Last – According To Psychology
- Thought Catalog: 20 Questions to Ask Your Partner That Will Deepen Your Connection
- Psychology Today: 5 Texts You Should Send to Your Partner Every Day
- Verily Magazine: Why You Should Spend The Holidays Together Before You Say ‘I Do’
- Verily Magazine: 2 Words That Will Change The Way You See Your Marriage
- Verily Magazine: Think a Lot of Sex is What Makes People Happy? Think Again
- WebMD: What Kind of Couple Are You?
New on The Gottman relationship Blog
Change takes time. Although it is common knowledge that changing diet or substance use is extremely difficult, therapists and educators have known for years that making changes to relationship habits also presents a significant challenge.
- Finding Julie Gottman
Interview on Modern Romance | Talks at Google
Drs. John and Julie Gottman visited Google Seattle to talk about how to make relationships work in the digital age.
Featured Instagram Post
Are you following us on Instagram? We provide practical skills to strengthen relationships.
Featured Class Photo
This month’s featured class photo is from a Gottman Level 1 Training presented by Alysha Roll, LCSW, CGT, and Mary Beth George, LPC, CGT in Houston, TX. To see more photos from professional training events around the country, click here.