Ideal as a supplement to other Gottman materials, the pocket guides in this sampler are among our most effective for helping couples improve or strengthen their relationship. They are just a small selection of the tools and strategies used in Gottman Method Couples Therapy, world-renowned for helping couples succeed.
Couples and couples’ therapists use these exercises as building blocks to create what Drs. John and Julie Gottman call the Sound Relationship House — the kind of trusting, affectionate, and reciprocal partnership we all wish to have. The multi-booklet folder contains the following exercises:
- Relaxation — Learn the simple methods for self-soothing and reducing stress.
- How to be a Great Listener — Guide to really hearing and understanding what your partner is trying to say.
- Aftermath of a Fight — Key steps to making repairs and getting back on track after regrettable incidents.
- Small Things Often — Daily guide to the specific things that create stronger bonds.
- Avoid the Four Horsemen — Learn how to prevent criticism, defensiveness, contempt, and stonewalling.
- Fondness & Admiration — Cultivate deeper fondness and admiration for your partner with the help of these short, daily exercises.
Individual booklets also available as 10 packs. Click the titles above to purchase individual booklets.
February 2015 revisedSize
5" x 6" and 5.5" x 8.25", variesLanguage