Expand the strategies and interventions in your work with couples!
Immerse yourself in the Gottman Methods & gain confidence using the techniques in your clinical work.
The Level 2 DVD Set features a 500+ page clinician’s manual and 13 DVDs. A filming of Drs. John and Julie Gottman presenting the 4-day Level 2 workshop, the DVDs work in tandem with the manual. They feature the full lectures, plus helpful role-plays and videos demonstrating Gottman Method Therapy. By deepening your understanding of the Gottman Method, the informative and engaging Level 2 set helps you more fully integrate assessment and interventions into your work.
> View the Table of Contents for Level 2
> View the DVD Outline for Level 2
This DVD Set will give you the opportunity to practice and integrate Drs. John and Julie Gottman’s Assessment and Intervention Methods. The goal of this training is to immerse you in the Gottman Methods to help you gain confidence in using the techniques in your own clinical work.
Refine your clinical skills:
- Learn to internalize and integrate the powerful, research-based Gottman Method Assessment and Intervention techniques. Gain insight as to when to use these methods and when couples therapy is contraindicated
- Become skilled in using our Level 2 Clinical Manual, that now includes revised Gottman Core Assessments, Gottman Supplemental Assessments and 50+ Gottman Interventions
This workshop covers:
- Basics of Observation
- Assessment – Sessions 1, 2, 3
- Core Assessment Questionnaires
- Supplemental Assessment Questionnaires
- Intervention – Philosophy and Goals
- Interventions – Managing Conflict
- Interventions – Strengthening Friendship and Romance
- Interventions – Minimizing Relapse
- Co-Morbidities – Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Affairs, Domestic Violence (DV), Depression
Now available as an online course!
The Level 2 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy is now available as an on-demand, online course. Click here to enroll.
YES – this DVD course qualifies as a pre-requisite to Level 3
Continuing Education Information: 19 CE hours available in partnership with PESI at a cost of $39.99. CE forms can be found in Chapter 20 of the Clinician’s Manual. For more information, go to our CE info page
The Gottman InstituteMaterial & Format
DVDs & ManualRelease Date
Sept 2014CE Hours
642Number of Discs