Clinicians: Reach for this quick, handy guide to remind you of the Gottman Method Therapy steps that get couples back on track after a fight or regrettable incident. It outlines the five steps needed to process conflict and reclaim good will.
Couples: This item is a short outline that references other Gottman materials from our popular workshops. If you’re looking for a more complete and complex product to use in your relationship, we’d like to suggest starting with The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work or The Art & Science of Love Home Study Set.
See the other booklets in our “Relationship Guide” series:
- Relaxation — Learn the simple methods for self-soothing and reducing stress.
- How to be a Great Listener — Guide to really hearing and understanding what your partner is trying to say.
- Small Things Often — Daily guide to the specific things that create stronger bonds.
- Avoid the Four Horsemen — Learn how to prevent criticism, defensiveness, contempt, and stonewalling.
- Fondness & Admiration — Cultivate deeper fondness and admiration for your partner with the help of these short, daily exercises.
Booklet (paper) or PDF (digital)Size
11 pages, 5" x 6"Author
The Gottman InstituteLanguage