Toll Free: (888) 523-9042 (in the U.S.)
Local: (206) 523-9042
Fax: (206) 523-7306
Email Customer Service
Our regular business hours are 8am-4pm PST, Monday through Friday. Our Customer Service representative is here to answer product questions and help if you have issues completing your order online. We appreciate your call and will get back to you as quickly as possible.
We do our very best to respond to email submissions within 1 business day, but sometimes it may take longer. If you have not received a response within 2 business days, please call during our business hours for more immediate assistance.
Products are available to purchase from our online store only. Unfortunately, we do not have products available for purchase at our business office. We apologize for any inconvenience.
We are unable to accept drop-in visits. Please call in advance if you would like to schedule a meeting with a representative of The Gottman Institute.
Business Office Address:
The Gottman Institute
1401 East Jefferson Street, Suite 501
Seattle, WA 98122
- No returns or refunds on digital products like PDFs, mp3s, and mp4s.
- Tangible items must be returned within 30 days at customer’s expense (unless items were shipped in error by The Gottman Institute).
- Items must be in new condition, and returned with all original packaging and accessories. DVDs and CDs must be unopened and still in their plastic wrap.
- Returns go to our warehouse and must be accompanied by a RMA number, obtainable by contacting Customer Service at (888) 523-9042 ext. 104 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9am- 5pm, or email Customer Service.
- Packages returned without a RMA (including refused or undeliverable as addressed packages) take longer to process at our warehouse, and, as such, it will take longer to receive your refund.
- Refunds are based on the amount paid for the product at the time of ordering and does not include shipping/handling charges. Unless shipped in error by The Gottman Institute, original domestic and international shipping charges cannot be refunded.
- Packages refused or undeliverable as addressed will result in a refund of the order total, minus original shipping and handling charges. The Gottman Institute cannot be responsible for return shipping charges on packages returned due to an incorrect/incomplete shipping address entered by the customer.
The Gottman Institute ships worldwide via FedEx and USPS shipping carriers.
In the United States, we ship to all 50 states, including Alaska and Hawaii, as well as to all U.S. territories via FedEx and USPS shipping carriers. For domestic orders of $150+, we are pleased to offer free FedEx Ground shipping. This free shipping offer does not apply to orders shipping to PO boxes or to U.S. territories.
Relationships Australia NSW is our authorized reseller in Australia. Our customers in Australia might consider purchasing Gottman Institute products from our reseller to save on costs associated with international shipping and time.
Relationships Australia NSW
Suite 102 – Level 1, 68 Waterloo Road – Macquarie Park, NSW 2113, Australia.
T 1300 364 277 | F 02 9887 2809 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your interest in our products! When placing your order, please allow 2 business days for processing, in addition to estimated mailing times.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express
To pay by Check, please call Customer Service to place your order
Sorry, we do not accept Purchase Orders at this time
If you are having difficulty placing an order online, please email Customer Service, or for more immediate assistance during business hours, call (888) 523-9042 ext. 104, Monday through Friday, 9am- 5pm PST.
If requested by the customer, The Gottman Institute will honor the sale price of all applicable items as long as they were purchased within 24 hours before the beginning of the sale or 24 hours after the end of the sale.
Frequently Asked Questions
After you hit “submit order”, the page will refresh and congratulate you for placing your order. A receipt is also automatically sent to the email address you entered for the order. If you don’t see this email, please also check your Spam folder, as sometimes these notifications end up there.
If the page did not refresh and you did not receive an email notification, your order did not go through.
To continue placing your order, you will want to:
- Review all the information on the checkout page for accuracy. If there is missing or incorrect information, the field will be marked in red. Edit or complete the missing information and click submit.
- If the order still does not go through, we recommend starting over in a different browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.) OR clear your cache (browsing history) and try placing the order again.
If you are still unable to place your order, call (888) 523-9042 ext. 104 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9am- 5pm to troubleshoot further and resolve the problem. You may also email Customer Service and we will follow up with you as soon as possible, or on the next business day.
Shipping is determined based on the weight of the shipment, and the distance it will travel (from the Seattle area). While moving through the checkout process, you will be prompted to choose your Country from a drop-down menu and enter your postal code to estimate shipping and taxes. You will be given a full list of shipping options to choose from on the following page.
- FedEx orders ship within 2 business days of placing your order.
- USPS orders ship 1-2 times per week only, resulting in several business days processing if you choose USPS service.
Note: While USPS may be the cheaper shipping option, please take this additional processing time into consideration when choosing your shipping service.
On the day your package is scheduled to ship, you will receive an automatic shipping confirmation email with a link to track your package. (You may also want to check your Spam inbox, as sometimes these automatic messages end up there.)
You might receive this notifications hours before the package has actually left the warehouse, which results in an error message when you click the link. You will want to try again at the end of day, after it has left our warehouse, for updated information.
Our products are available to purchase from our online store only. Unfortunately, we do not have products available for purchase at our business office. We apologize for any inconvenience.
You may return new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery. Please send all returns to The Gottman Institute. Once received, our Customer Service Coordinator will process the return and assess your refund based upon the quality of the returned item. If you have any questions about this process, please contact Customer Service by calling (888) 523-9042 ext. 104 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9am – 5 pm PST or email Customer Service.
Products may be returned if:
- In its original packaging and within 30 days of delivery
- We sent you the wrong product
- The product you received is defective or damaged
- The product is substantially different from what was advertised
Defective or damaged product? Do not return the item – Please contact Customer Service to request a replacement.
Send authorized returns to:
Attn: Products Department
The Gottman Institute
1401 East Jefferson St #501
Seattle, WA 98122
Refunds are based on the amount paid for the product at the time of ordering and does not include shipping/handling charges. Unless shipped in error by The Gottman Institute, original domestic and international shipping charges cannot be refunded.
Please note, packages refused or undeliverable as addressed will result in a refund of the order total, minus original shipping and handling charges. The Gottman Institute cannot be responsible for shipping charges on packages returned due to an incorrect/incomplete shipping address entered by the customer.
Usually in about 2-3 weeks. Most refunds are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process your return.
Packages returned without a RMA (this includes refused or undeliverable-as-addressed packages) take longer to process at our warehouse, and, as such, it will take longer to receive your refund.
You are welcome to return item(s) according to our return policy, however, we are unable to make exchanges. You are welcome to order the item you want instead and return your already purchased item within 30 days of delivery to receive a refund.
Please refer to our return policy. Unfortunately, we cannot make exceptions for workshop materials.
We are continually working to provide the most helpful and up-to-date resources for our customers which means that sometimes updates are made! As this is part of regular business practices, unfortunately, we are unable to provide exchanges or accept returns outside of our standard return policy. If you have any questions about this, please call (888) 523-9042 ext. 104 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9am- 5pm PST to speak with our Customer Service Representative, or you can email Customer Service.
We do our very best to give advance notice of any significant updates to a product, and make note of this on the product page directly. Changes to products that impact our Educators are communicated via email. We also encourage you to subscribe to our mailing list to receive important updates from us.
You can access your mp3 or PDF download anytime from your gottman.com account
- Log-in to your account by going to www.gottman.com and enter the email address (username) and password you originally used to create your account. If you forgot your password, simply follow the password reset instructions.
- Once you are logged in, click on My Account and then Downloads. There you will find your purchase ready for download. If it says “pending” or you are having difficulty, please contact Customer Service at (888) 523-9042 ext. 104 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9am- 5pm, or email Customer Service and we will work to resolve the issue as soon as possible!
Yes, all of our DVD’s are multi-formatted for international use.
Making sure you have the proper player for the media is important. DVDs will only play on a DVD capable player. If you have not cleaned your DVD or CD machine heads in a long time, this can also affect the quality of the media.
- If your DVD is not playing, we ask that you first try it in another DVD compatible player to see if it is an issue with the DVD or the player. If it appears to be a problem with the DVD, please email Customer Service or call (888) 523-9042 ext. 104 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9am- 5pm to troubleshoot further and find a resolution.
Pricing is dependent upon the item and quantity ordered. Items eligible for bulk discount pricing will automatically be reflected in your cart based on selected quantity. For additional inquiries on bulk discount pricing, please email Customer Service or call (888) 523-9042 ext. 104 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9am- 5pm.
- All shipments to military addresses are automatically tax exempt.
- If your shipping address is outside of Washington state, you will not be charged tax.
- If you are a tax exempt organization shipping within Washington state, please contact Customer Service at (888) 523-9042 ext. 104 during business hours to place your order.
We currently do not accept purchase orders. We can accept payment by Check. Please call Customer Service at (888) 523-9042 ext. 104 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9am- 5pm to place your order.
Send Check payment to:
The Gottman Institute
14o1 E. Jefferson St., Suite 501
Seattle WA 98122