Level 1 Clinical Training
A 2-day Clinical Training presented by Drs. John and Julie Gottman
October 23-24, 2015
San Francisco, California
Sponsored by National Marriage Seminars and The Gottman Institute
Help couples in your practice manage conflict and deepen intimacy! This is the first step in learning Gottman Method Couples Therapy. A truly inspiring workshop, Level 1 Training will give you new insights into treatment for couples who struggle, using research-based assessments and effective interventions.
When couples enter the therapy office, they sting with pain and despair. They look to the clinician to referee chronic conflicts, fix their partners, and rebuild burned bridges. Now, based on Dr. John Gottman’s 40 years of compelling research with over 3,000 couples, there’s a practical and highly effective approach to guiding couples across the chasm that divides them.
In this workshop, you will be provided with a research-based roadmap for helping couples compassionately manage their conflicts, deepen their friendship and intimacy, and share their life purpose and dreams.
Apply Gottman Method Couples Therapy to help couples strengthen:
- The Friendship System – the foundation for intimacy, passion, and good sex
- The Conflict System – the basis for helping couples identify and address solvable problems, and understand and manage irresolvable differences
- The Shared Meaning System – the existential foundation of the relationship that helps partners discover their shared purpose for building a life together
As a result of taking this training, you will learn:
- Research-based strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflict
- Skills to empower partners to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues by uncovering their underlying dreams, history, and values
- Methods to help couples process fights and heal their hurts
- Techniques for partners to deepen their intimacy and minimize relapse
- New assessments and effective interventions to help understand couples’
- $450 per person (limited to 400 attendees)
- Student and Military discounts available
- Ask about our payment plan options
This cost includes: live training with Dr. John Gottman and Dr. Julie Gottman, a 300-page clinical training manual (view the table of contents here), Level 1 Training Certificate of Completion, and eligibility to continue on to Level 2 Training, Level 3 Training, and the Certification Track. 12 CE Hours available for purchase from PESI, Inc. for $29.99.
Participants working in the following fields will benefit from this training:
- Mental health providers
- Allied professionals and clergy
- Students and interns
- Family clinic staff
- Professors/teachers of couples therapy
- Researchers in the social sciences
- Employee assistance professionals
Here’s what people are saying about the Level 1 training:
“…best seminar I have ever attended!”
” …extremely helpful, and I have done marital therapy for 25 years.”
“…this seminar was one of the most informative and relevant to clinical work that I’ve taken.”
“…I believe this is some of the most important and valid information on couples.”
“…This information will definitely enhance my practice with couples.”
Can’t attend the San Francisco training with Drs. John & Julie Gottman? Click the icons below to learn about the options for completing Level 1!
Are you a professor or student? Click here to learn about our University Outreach Program
More information about Level 1 Training:
Questions? Please call us at 1-888-523-9042 x 2 or email email@example.com
All Level 1, 2 and 3 trainees get $250 off our world-renowned couples workshop, The Art & Science of Love! Take advantage of the special Educator Rate. Read more here >>>>>