The fastest way to better relationships
Join the thousands of couples who have learned The Art and Science of Love by coming to one of our renowned weekend workshops.
- 2 days filled with practical, simple tools and exercises confirm, strengthen or restore your love
- For couples of every type
- Shown to achieve results similar to those of 6 months of marital therapy (though the workshop is not therapy)
- Produces positive results for 86% of those who attend (based on exit surveys)
The Art & Science of Love workshop is offered around the country – in Seattle with Drs. John & Julie Gottman, or at other locations with our Senior Certified Gottman Therapists. Along with the memory of re-connecting and the knowledge that “we can do this!”, you will take home a box of techniques, cards, tools and tips to support your relationship in your everyday lives.
- Microsoft employees, see this info: you may be eligible for free attendance!
- 7 Principles Program Educators, Bringing Baby Home Educators, and those who have completed Gottman Couples Therapy Levels 1, 2, or 3 - learn more about your special $499 rate here!
|The live workshop is the single best way to learn this material. If you can’t attend in person, the next option is to order The Art & Science of Love workshop in a take-home format >>>
What’s behind our success?
In a word: Science!
- Our work is grounded in 40 years of research with more than 3000 couples.
- 86 percent of people who complete our couples workshops make significant progress on conflicts that once felt “gridlocked” These numbers are a big improvement over other forms of marital intervention. For example, acclaimed marriage researcher Neil Jacobson conducted an evaluation of one of the most highly regarded therapy methods and showed that only 35 percent of couples using it improved their marriages.
Who will benefit from attending?
This workshop is designed for ALL couples in a committed relationship. Research shows that on average, couples wait six years from the first signs of problems to get relationship help. It is designed to strengthen your marriage or relationship. If you have a strong relationship, this workshop will provide you with insights and tools to make it a great one. If your relationship is distressed, this two-day workshop will provide a road map for repair. No public discussion or disclosure is involved. All work is done as a couple.
What you’ll learn
This two-day workshop will give you new insights and research-based relationship skills that can dramatically improve the intimacy and friendship in your relationship and help you resolve conflict in a healthy, productive way. At the workshop, couples will learn how to:
- Foster respect, affection, and closeness
- Build and share a deeper connection with each other’s inner world
- Keep conflict discussions calm
- Break through and resolve conflict gridlock
- Strengthen and maintain the gains in your relationship
If a couple is dealing with physical abuse or battering, this workshop may not be appropriate. In these cases, please consult with Gottman Institute staff.
More details about the Workshop
Does it really work? One couple shares their experience…
“The seminar we attended in May was fabulous! I honestly didn’t think we would ever be able to get back to the intense feelings that we had when we first were married, but this seminar sure did it for us! What a gift it has been! We have been giving your web address out to all of our friends! Thanks so much!!” (H.S., Great Falls, VA )
“My husband and I have been married 33 years and over the past few years had been exhibiting destructive relationship behaviors. We attended your couples workshop the first weekend of May in Seattle and I’ll admit I sat with my arms crossed thinking “I hope he’s hearing this.” We bickered through many of the exercises. I left feeling we had failed miserably. But returning home something clicked and we started over at the beginning of the book and repeated the exercises. For the past four weeks we have practiced being relationship masters and I feel like we are soul mates once again. This week my husband was diagnosed with bladder cancer. I am grateful we are entering this challenge from a positive relationship place. Thank you.” (N.W., Sequim, WA)
My husband and I attended the marriage seminar in Seattle at the beginning of the month. We have enjoyed a wonderful relationship in many respects, but have consistently had difficulty managing conflict in a healthy way. We have attended counseling for 2.5 years and have grown in many ways, but were “gridlocked” in this area. We recently hit the bottom and were unsure if we could continue. Our therapist suggested we attend your seminar. My husband and I were both deeply touched by your program. It was, by far, the best money we have ever spent. We learned so much and have begun to implement the techniques we have learned. We are achieving much success and are forevermore grateful. As we learn to master the strategies, we plan to teach our five children how to deal with conflict differently so that it will also transcend the generations. Thank you so very much for your time and effort. It was more meaningful than you will ever know.
Questions? Please contact us at (206) 523-9042 ext 1 within Washington State or (888) 523-9042 ext 1 toll free or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
(Workshop and product questions only, please. Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to therapeutic questions via email. Also, please be sure to include your email address in your message.)
Attention Microsoft Employees:
If you are a benefits-eligible Microsoft Employee, you may be able to charge all or part of the expense of attending any SEATTLE Gottman Institute Couples Workshop to your CARES/EAP benefit in lieu of direct payment. Participation will count towards eight marital benefit sessions through the CARES program. If this applies to you, please do not register for the couples workshop using this online registration. Instead, please call Couples Services, at (206) 696-8324 to register by phone or email email@example.com