Level 2: Assessment, Intervention, and Co-Morbidities
Now featuring new clinical films and interventions
Need to complete Level 1? Want to register by Mail or Fax?
DOWNLOAD THE REGISTRATION FORM*
(*Payment plan available on registration form)
The Gottman Institute will be filming this Level 2 Training. If attending, you will need to sign a film release onsite.
For more information, please see the film release form here
|Deepen your understanding of Gottman Method Couples Therapy…
Expand your strategies & interventions with couples!
Professional Development & Practical Immersion:
- Take part in interactive presentations with the Gottmans
- Practice using Gottman Interventions in group role-plays; Receive personalized, supportive coaching from Drs. John and Julie Gottman, Gottman Consultants, and Certified Gottman Trainers
- View new demonstration films from the Gottmans’ clinical office
- Participate in extensive discussions with Senior Certified Gottman Therapists and clinicians from around the world.
- Refine your clinical skills and expand your strategies and interventions in your work with couples
- Learn to internalize and integrate the powerful, research-based Gottman Method Assessment and Intervention techniques.
- Gain insight as to when to use these methods and when couples therapy is contraindicated.
- Engage both Drs. John and Julie Gottman in vital dialogue regarding Gottman Couples Therapy.
- Gain confidence in using the techniques through personal immersion
Participants will be able to:
- Assess a couple’s “Friendship Profile,” “Conflict Profile,” and “Shared Meanings Profile”
- Develop interventions that couples can use as antidotes to the “Four Horsemen”
- Help couples to soothe physiological flooding
- Apply six modes of changing the “Attack/Defend System” in a couple’s interactions
- Assist couples in establishing dialogue about their grid-locked conflicts
- Select and implement interventions to help couples deepen their “Friendship System” with rituals of connection
- Select and implement interventions to help couples create a shared system of values and meaning
- Identify and implement five different co-morbidities common to couples using Gottman Assessments and Interventions
Who is this workshop for?
Participants working in the following fields will benefit from our training: Mental health providers, Allied professionals and clergy, Students and interns, Family clinic staff, Professors/teachers of couples therapy, Researchers in the social sciences, Employee assistance professionals
Questions? Please call us at 1-888-523-9042 x 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about Level 2 training:
CE Credits: Continuing Education Credits are available for this workshop through our training partner, CMI Education Institute, for $39.99. The number of CE credits will be determined in December 2013. If you are seeking Continuing Education Credit for this training, you will need to sign in for each morning and afternoon sessions on all three days, and turn in a course evaluation form which contains a short post-test. Gottman Institute staff will be on-site to answer any questions you may have regarding Continuing Education. For CMI’s accreditation information, please visit http://www.pesi.com/accreditation
Can’t attend this workshop? Below are other training opportunities for Gottman Level 2:
Our most popular clinical exercises all in one place!
Two popular sets at a $25 discount!
Essential enhancement for the Level 1 Home Study
In-depth re-enactments of powerful, moving sessions with Gottman clients
A research-based exploration of the dynamics in everyday interactions that either build or erode trust
Convenient, printable questionnaires for use with your clients (English)
Convenient, printable questionnaires for use with your clients (Spanish)
Level 1 and Level 2 Gottman training at a $100 discount!
Immerse yourself in the Gottman Methods & gain confidence using the techniques in your clinical work
Gottman Method Therapy with a Real Couple with Dr. Julie Schwartz Gottman