Seven Principles Educator Training
For clergy, educators, life coaches, therapists, community leaders,
social workers, and more
Combination discount – Save $160 when you register for both the Seven Principles and the Bringing Baby Home Educator’s Trainings!
For New York: the discount is reflected when you put both the 7 Principles and the BBH New York workshops in your cart at the National Marriage Seminars website and enter the coupon code: discount
For Seattle: the discount is automatically reflected when you put both the 7 Principles and BBH Seattle workshops in your cart on this website (gottman.com)
This updated training provides the tools and know-how to take small groups of couples through Dr. Gottman’s revised, groundbreaking book The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work. Whether at your church, community center, place of business, or home, the material you learn in this training can be taught by anyone interested in making a difference in couples’ lives.
The Educator Training provides extensive instruction on how to lead couples through The Seven Principles, with a combination of lecture, multi-media presentations, interactive exercises, role-plays and discussion. Participants will be taught how to use Seven Principles Program materials, to teach lecture content by integrating research from The Seven Principles, and lead couples through relationship enhancing exercises. Trainees will be able to facilitate a Seven Principles Program for couples immediately following the training.
The Seven Principles and their corresponding bestselling book were developed from four decades of research with more than 3,000 couples. Over time, Dr. John Gottman and Dr. Julie Schwartz Gottman have continued to fine-tune their innovative method of correcting behaviors that send marriages onto the rocks. Showing partners how to work with the small daily moments that make up the heart and soul of any relationship, the Seven Principles teach partners proven, practical and effective strategies for making their marriage work.
If you plan on co-presenting workshops, bring your co-presenter and get trained together. Whether you have years of experience as a clinically trained therapist or are a layperson, this training will give you tools to facilitate a Gottman Seven Principles Program in your community.
|One of the best trainings I’ve ever attended. The presenters were organized, polished, sensitive to audience needs, transparent, and funny.– Benita, Atlanta, GA
It is required that you read and are familiar with The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work book prior to attending the training. This book is available in The Gottman Institute store and elsewhere. You may also receive 10 CEs for reading the Seven Principles book.
As a result of Educator Training, you will:
- Know how to plan, budget, market and organize your own Seven Principles class
- Gain practical strategies for presenting the Seven Principles Program in your community
- Participate in experiential role play and practice Seven Principles Program exercises
- Learn how to present the lectures and content to your students
- Know how to support and encourage the class
- Develop skills to handle difficult situations and make referrals
- Understand how to use box set materials to enrich the workshop experience
- Be able to market yourself as a “Gottman Seven Principles Program Educator”
You will receive: Upon completion of the training attendees are awarded an official Gottman Seven Principles Program Educator certificate and seal. Included in the registration price is a complete Gottman Seven Principles Program for Educators Box Set ($225 value), which contains the core items facilitators need to present a productive and engaging workshop. The Box Set contains samples of the most popular Gottman products that will make your classes more exciting, interesting, and fun. Each item is available for bulk purchase with further discounts.
- 7 Principles Program Updated Educator’s Manual – a comprehensive guide to leading and organizing 7 Principles classes for couples
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work book (revised edition)
- Updated Companion Workbook – A place to record individual answers, encourage reflection, and integrate knowledge on material in the 7 Principles book.
- How to Make Relationships Work DVD by Dr. John Gottman
- Love Map/ Open Ended Questions Card Deck
- 52 Questions Before Marriage or Moving In Card Deck
- Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse sign
- Relationship Skills Pocket Guides
- Marketing materials and inspiring examples and for your use
- PowerPoint presentation and materials to use in your workshops
- Materials to help you organize and run your workshops
Reminder: Save $160 when you register for both The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work and the Bringing Baby Home workshops
Continuing Education: Read The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work and get 10 CEs. CE certificates are available for $29.99. To purchase CEs, please go to our third party provider’s (PESI) CE download page, or contact PESI Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
Refund Policy: All registrations are final. If you are unable to attend, you may transfer to a future training, minus a $50 administrative fee. To obtain a transfer, you must notify at least 30 days prior to the event date. Within 30 days of the workshop, no transfers will be issued. Transfers will expire one year from the date of notification, and are non-transferable.
Questions? Questions about the training can be directed to (206) 523-9042 ext. 152 or email: email@example.com
All Seven Principles Program trainees get $250 off our world-renowned couples workshop! Take advantage of the special Educator Rate … read more here >>>>>