Seven Principles Educator Training
*Attention: May 2nd date in Seattle has been moved to JULY 18, 2015*
Who should take Seven Principles training?
Clergy, educators, life coaches, community leaders, social workers, nurses, counselors, and anyone interested in making a difference in couples’ lives. If you plan on co-presenting workshops, bring your partner and get trained together. Whether you have years of experience as a clinically trained therapist or are a layperson, this training will give you tools to facilitate The Gottman Seven Principles Program in your community.
|One of the best trainings I’ve ever attended. The presenters were organized, polished, sensitive to audience needs, transparent, and funny.– Benita, Atlanta, GA
About The Gottman Seven Principles Program for Couples
This program is based upon Dr. Gottman’s book The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work. Straightforward in its approach yet profound in its effect, the principles outlined in this groundbreaking book teach partners new and startling strategies for making their marriage work. For over 30 years Dr. Gottman scientifically analyzed the habits of married couples and established a method of correcting the behaviors that puts thousands of marriages on the rocks. He helps couples focus on each other, on paying attention to the small day-to-day moments that, strung together, make up the heart and soul of any relationship.
What can you do with this training?
The training provides the tools and know-how to facilitate couples’ small groups and classes at your church, community center, place of business, or home.
What can I expect from the training?
In this experiential live one-day training, Gottman Institute staff members Dr. David Penner and Laura Heck, LMFT, respective authors of the Seven Principles Educator’s Manual and the Seven Principles Companion Workbook, provide extensive instruction with a combination of lecture, multi-media presentations, interactive exercises, role plays and discussion. Participants will be taught how to use Seven Principles Program materials, to teach lecture content by integrating research from the Seven Principles book, and lead couples through relationship enhancing exercises. Trainees will be able to facilitate a Gottman Seven Principles Program for Couples immediately following the training.
It is required that you read and are familiar with The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work book prior to attending the training. This book is available in The Gottman Institute store and elsewhere. You may also receive 10 CEs for reading the Seven Principles book.
As a result of Educator Training, you will:
- Know how to plan, budget, market and organize your own Seven Principles class
- Gain practical strategies for presenting the Seven Principles Program in your community
- Participate in experiential role play and practice Seven Principles Program exercises
- Learn how to present the lectures and content to your students
- Know how to support and encourage the class
- Develop skills to handle difficult situations and make referrals
- Understand how to use box set materials to enrich the workshop experience
- Be able to market yourself as a “Gottman Seven Principles Program Educator”
You will receive: Upon completion of the training and satisfactory scoring on the assessment of knowledge, attendees are awarded an official Gottman Seven Principles Program Educator certificate and seal. Included in the registration price is a complete Gottman Seven Principles Program for Educators Box Set ($225 value), which contains the core items facilitators need to present a productive and engaging workshop. The Box Set contains samples of the most popular Gottman products that will make your classes more exciting, interesting, and fun. Each item is available for bulk purchase with further discounts.
- 7 Principles Program Educator’s Manual – a comprehensive guide to leading and organizing 7 Principles classes for couples
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work (original paperback book)
- Companion Workbook – A place to record individual answers, encourage reflection, and integrate knowledge on material in the book.
- How to Make Relationships Work DVD by Dr. John Gottman
- Love Map/ Open Ended Questions Card Deck
- 52 Questions Before Marriage or Moving In Card Deck
- Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse sign
- Relationship Skills Pocket Guides
Continuing Education: Read The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work and get 10 CEs. CE certificates are available for $29.99. To purchase CEs, please go to our third party provider’s (PESI) CE download page, or contact PESI Customer Service at 1-800-844-8260 for more details.
Refund Policy: All registrations are final. If you are unable to attend, you may transfer to a future training, minus a $50 administrative fee. To obtain a transfer, you must notify at least 30 days prior to the event date. Within 30 days of the workshop, no transfers will be issued. Transfers will expire one year from the date of notification, and are non-transferable.
Questions? Questions about the training can be directed to (206) 523-9042 ext. 152 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All Seven Principles Program trainees get $250 off our world-renowned couples workshop! Take advantage of the special Educator Rate … read more here >>>>>