The Gottman Institute (TGI) has delivered over twenty years of research, training, workshops, and leadership in the relationship and wellness space. We are now taking this knowledge and momentum to the next level.
As the Social Media Community Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to engage with our large and active social media audience of over 1M strong. You will be responsible for nurturing, communicating with, and growing The Gottman Institute’s online communities through the company’s social media platforms. This is a rare chance to bring empathy into all aspects of your work, as you interact with a passionate community of clinicians, couples, and individuals looking to improve their relationships and the lives of others all over the world!
You will report directly to the Social Media Marketing Manager and collaborate with our growing team of marketing professionals, creative experts, and clinicians.
Screening begins October 5, 2020. Our offices are located in Seattle, WA and this position will onboard remote as our team is currently working from home. There are opportunities for remote work, which will be discussed with finalists. Proof of eligibility to work in the United States required upon hire.
Ready to Apply?
To have your application considered,
- Apply here directly: https://apply.workable.com/the-gottman-institute/
- Provide responses to 3 supplemental questions included on the application form.
- Submit a cover letter with your application that describes why this position is appealing to you as a next step in your professional journey.
The Gottman Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for nurturing, communicating with, and growing our online communities across all social media platforms. This team member reports directly to the Social Media Marketing Manager and collaborates closely with the marketing and creative teams. They are tasked with appropriately representing The Gottman Institute and adhering to our brand voice. The Social Media Community Coordinator triages and responds to customer inquiries and escalates internally when necessary.
- Monitor all outbound social media posts including engaging with the community and handling all triage
- Identify influencer partnerships and user-generated content opportunities
- Stay up to date with all current social media marketing trends and current events in the wellness and mental health industry
- Develop and maintain an understanding of Gottman research, methods, products and programs
- Support the Social Media Manager in scheduling content on The Gottman Institute’s social channels across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube
- Communicate influencer partnerships and user-generated content opportunities to the Social Media Manager
- Ensure content is properly tagged, links are working correctly, and that all posts have gone out as scheduled
- Develop and foster our online community by encouraging positive and thoughtful audience engagement and moderating conversations for spam and hate speech
- Provide customer service support across channels by replying to direct messages, mentions, reviews, and comments while appropriately representing The Gottman Institute and adhering to our brand voice
- Identify and build relationships with relevant social media influencers, exploring collaboration opportunities to target new audiences and grow awareness of the Gottman brand globally
- Update Social Media Triage Tracker and tag all triage for internal tracking purposes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of social media marketing and customer service best practices
- Strong attention to detail, writing ability, and high emotional intelligence
- Proficiency with social media marketing technology software such as Hootsuite, Falcon, Sprout Social, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are critical in this role to ensure that you are able to clearly communicate with the community and convey empathy
- Think analytically about our community and provide regular insights on community activities to the marketing team
- Knowledge of the health and wellness industry is a plus
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, presentation) with both external and internal customers
- Strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with project planning software, familiarity with Google Suite, and able to quickly learn new software and systems
- Curiosity with a desire to stay informed of industry trends and learn new skills
- Able to work effectively both individually and in a team with minimal supervision and able to make smart decisions based on company policy
Experience and Education
- 1+ years of experience in marketing or customer service with a proven track record
- Associate Degree in marketing, communication, or journalism, or equivalent training/experience
- Competitive compensation
- Relationship skills
- Paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including health insurance
- ORCA card for public transit
- In office and remote perks, such as:
- Bring your dog to work in the office
- Regular team activity options, such as online social activities and in person events such as happy hours, baseball games, celebrations, etc.
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats in the office
- Free monthly catered lunches or similar while remote