If you and your partner are interested in participating in the Affair Recovery Research study, please double-check that you qualify, then complete the information below. Once you have submitted your application, a staff member will get in touch with you to see if the study is a good fit for you and your partner.
Questions may be directed to Research@gottman.com.
Do you qualify for the study?
- Couples must be married or in a committed relationship
Do you live in a qualifying location?
- Couples must be willing to travel to see a therapist located in one of the cities listed below or be willing to engage in telehealth counseling. Check here for a list of specific geographic locations
How it works:
- If you and your partner are accepted into the study, you will be randomly assigned to a Certified Gottman Therapist in your area
- You must agree to attend at least 8 sessions of couples therapy
- During the first session, the therapists will video record you and your partner having a ten-minute conflict conversation
- These videos will be confidential and will only be observed by a member of The Gottman Institute research team
- Couples will be asked to fill out multiple confidential questionnaires throughout the course of treatment
- For additional information on the study, click here
Please submit the form below.