Compelling and emotion-filled, this 5-disc set shows Dr. Julie Gottman skillfully working with a real couple* who progress through the change process in Gottman Couples Therapy.
These ten live clinical films demonstrate how to transform a destructive cycle into hope and healing, via movement through the levels of the Sound Relationship House. Filmed in Dr. Gottman’s office, these sessions clearly show how to integrate key Gottman Method Assessments & Interventions into your own clinical work. The topics covered include:
- Assessment: First Session & Love Maps.
- Dreams Within Conflict & Aftermath of a Fight
- Softened Start-up & Rituals of Connection
- Creating Shared Meaning & Rapoport Intervention
- Flooding, Stress-reducing Conversation, Shared Feelings, Expressing Vulnerability, and Stating Needs
*The couple shown in this film has granted written permission to The Gottman Institute to show this recorded material for professional training purposes.
Approx. 6 hoursTotal Discs
6 CE hours available. Download the forms here.