Ideal as a supplement to other Gottman materials, the pocket guides in this sampler are among our most effective for helping couples improve or strengthen their relationship. They are just a small selection of the tools and strategies used in Gottman Method Couples Therapy, world-renowned for helping couples succeed.
Couples and couples’ therapists use these exercises as building blocks to create what Drs. John and Julie Gottman call the Sound Relationship House — the kind of trusting, affectionate, and reciprocal partnership we all wish to have. The multi-booklet folder contains the following exercises:
- Relaxation — Learn the simple methods for self-soothing and reducing stress.
- How to be a Great Listener — Guide to really hearing and understanding what your partner is trying to say.
- Aftermath of a Fight — Key steps to making repairs and getting back on track after regrettable incidents.
- Small Things Often — Daily guide to the specific things that create stronger bonds.
- Avoid the Four Horsemen — Learn how to prevent criticism, defensiveness, contempt, and stonewalling.
- Fondness & Admiration — Cultivate deeper fondness and admiration for your partner with the help of these short, daily exercises.
Click here to purchase individual booklets in 20-packs.