Maximize your competence & inspire transformation with research-based methods
11 CE hours
The Level 1 Home Study set contains a 300+ page clinician’s manual and 6 DVDs. A filming of Drs. John and Julie Gottman presenting the 3-day Level 1 workshop, the DVDs work in tandem with the manual. They feature the full lectures, plus instructive and moving videos with a real couple demonstrating Gottman Method Therapy. Level 1 Home Study is a must for therapists who need effective, fast and research-based methods to move couples along the path of better partnership. The training consists of the manual and DVD set. To receive CE hours, participants must complete each.
Students, professors – click here for our University Outreach Program!
The set includes:
- A 300-page Clinical Manual featuring new relationship questionnaires and clinical interventions that you’ll be able to use immediately with your clients.
- A review of Dr. John Gottman’s nearly four decades of research on what makes marriages succeed or fail, including his findings on how to predict marital stability with over 90% accuracy.
- Instruction on how to use and interpret 25 new relationship assessment questionnaires
- Guidance and demonstration videos on how to effectively integrate eight key clinical interventions into your therapy with couples
- How relationship problems change over time, but never go away – even in ‘happy’ couples
- How to understand couples’ struggles using new assessment questionnaires
- Research-based strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflict
- Skills that empower couples to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues by uncovering their underlying dreams, history, and values
- Methods to help couples process their fights and heal their hurts
- Techniques to help couples to deepen their intimacy and minimize relapse
- How to increase your confidence regarding couples dynamics
More general information on Level 1 here.
Clinicians who take this workshop will be equipped with new methods and tools to help couples break the cycle of criticism, defensiveness, contempt and stonewalling. Complete with all Gottman Method Couples Therapy marital assessment questionnaires, exercises and interventions. Level 1 improves your work with couples immediately and with dramatic results. All materials may be used in clinical settings.
An excellent resource for graduate school courses and agency settings. Individual workshop manuals are available for individuals wishing to view the workshop in a group setting. Additional manuals allow each viewer to have his/her own materials while viewing the series as a group. To be eligible for CE hours, each viewer must purchase his or her own Manual. CE hours for Level 1 are $29.99; please refer to your manual for procedures and payment , which is handled by PESI.
Are you looking for the revised english version? Click here.
The Gottman InstituteMaterial & Format