Job Title: Marketing Technology Manager
Reports to: Executive Director of Marketing
The Gottman Institute is seeking an experienced Marketing Technology Manager to own the optimization, management, configuration, implementation, maintenance and support of our website, ecommerce systems, marketing technologies, and CRM integrations. The Marketing Technology Manager will also manage the website integrations with payment gateways, media and online learning platforms, and other third party tools. This is a new position created to help us improve the web experience for our rapidly growing audience and to streamline delivery of marketing campaigns.
This team member serves as administrator for marketing technologies, including training and supporting marketing staff and other teams as needed. This role integrates marketing technologies with each other and with other systems, and helps ensure data quality. The role includes hands-on configuration, administration and troubleshooting, as well as supervision of work completed by contractors and vendors. We have great relationships with vendors who do some of the heavy lifting, and this team member will have the opportunity to influence the balance of in-house, vs. contracted work. Daily work will be divided between projects, regular system maintenance and handling the queue of internal support requests. Occasional work may include large projects, such as selecting and implementing new technologies or redesigning web properties.
You are compassionate and collaborative and are energized by daily work that helps others succeed. You are comfortable switching between small tasks and big projects and can keep the big picture in mind. You understand web-based systems and integrations and can quickly troubleshoot reported issues. You care about customers and the user experience and take every opportunity to delight and simplify. You are a self-starter, independent learner, and a skilled communicator. You have experience supervising the work of contractors and are comfortable determining scope of work and evaluating estimates.
Screening begins December 16th. Open until filled. The Gottman Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Gottman Institute is based in Seattle. We are currently working remotely, and this position will be onboarded remotely. Opportunity for continued remote work will be discussed with finalists. Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required upon hire.
Salary Range: $70-$85K, dependent on qualifications and experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Website Administration and Support
- Content management, user experience optimization and maintenance of website key assets including product pages, customer journeys and email, social media links and other website goals
- Administer, configure, implement marketing campaigns (new product pages, links, etc).
- Collaborate with Director of Marketing and other team members to optimize for eCommerce conversion, acquisition marketing, tracking, user targeting and other marketing goals
- Collaborate with Content Marketing Manager and other team members to manage ideal SEO to optimize for organic search traffic
- Triage and respond to internal support requests
- First responder for website, ecommerce and other marketing systems outages and support. Diagnose and resolve or escalate issues and incidents
- Ensure website and ecommerce systems comply with relevant regulatory requirements, including privacy and security laws
- Monitor and report on system performance and make recommendations for improvements
- Communicate effectively and compassionately with users and stakeholders
Documentation and Training
- Document configuration, settings, integrations, workflows and processes
- Create and curate training and support resources for end users
- Conduct relevant employee training and technology onboarding
Project Management and Collaboration
- Collaborate with Marketing, Creative, Product and Program team members to develop website and ecommerce user experiences that support our business goals
- Manage implementation, migration, integration and enhancement projects
- Participate in projects led by other team members
- Evaluate business workflows, policies, and processes and lead projects to improve efficiency and enhance quality
- Gather requirements and collaborate with third party vendors and contractors to develop new features and website functionality
Personal Learning and Development
- Maintain awareness of relevant industry trends, innovations and best practices
- Participate in training and learning experiences to develop expertise in supported systemsotherher
Recommended Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Exceptional ability to work collaboratively with other team members, and external consultants and vendors
- Strong project management skills with history of successfully managing and completing projects on time
- Advanced understanding of and experience administering WordPress, Woocommerce, and similar CMS, ecommerce platforms and Martech systems.
- Advanced understanding of and experience with maintaining integrated systems
- Ability to self-manage, prioritize and seek solutions with minimal supervision
- Ability to recognize patterns and trends in reported issues and effectively communicate impact, importance and urgency to stakeholders
- Experience bringing website and ecommerce systems into compliance with privacy, and security regulations as well as performance standards and regular maintenance and monitoring of active systems.
- HTML/CSS experience is a plus
- Knowledge with any basic scripting, querying or other coding tools is a plus
Education and/or Experience
- Three or more years of proven experience managing integrated systems in a web and ecommerce environment
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, business, or marketing, or equivalent education and experience
- Beyond the technology skills required for this position, an individual should also have knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar. Proficiency with project planning software. Able to quickly learn new software and systems. Familiarity with Google Suite.
- Competitive compensation
- Relationship skills
- Paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including health insurance with dental and vision
- In office and remote perks, such as:
- Bring your dog to work in the office
- Regular team activity options, such as online social activities and in person events such as happy hours, baseball games, celebrations, etc
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats in the office
- Free monthly catered lunches or similar while remote
Click here to apply