Through videotaped cases of real couples, hands-on role plays, demonstrations of assessments and interventions, and nuanced discussion of technique, the Level 3 Practicum in St. Louis, Missouri significantly expands your understanding of when and how to use Gottman Method approaches.
For more information or to register, contact Marci Poppell at (813) 960-0001 or MARCI@NATIONALMARRIAGESEMINARS.COM or visit the registration site.Registration Site
- Master’s or doctoral degree OR current enrollment in a graduate program within a mental health-related field
- Completed Level 1 Training
- Completed Level 2 Training
- Therapy experience highly recommended, but not required
What Will You Learn?
- Effectively use the Oral History Interview during a couple’s assessment and understand its implications
- Clearly explain to a couple their strengths and challenges in terms of the Sound Relationship House
- Help partners identify their own Four Horsemen and understand the antidotes
- Select and utilize appropriate tools to help a couple deepen their Friendship System
- Clarify a couple’s conflicts in terms of solvable, perpetual, and grid-locked problems
- Use the Dreams Within Conflict technique to help a couple feel hopeful and to achieve break-through with their perpetual conflict
- Successfully intervene when one or both partners are flooding
- Help a couple reach solutions using the Compromise Ovals intervention
- Sensitively intervene when co-morbidities are present