Deepen your understanding of Gottman Method Couples Therapy and expand your strategies and interventions in your work with couples in Kingwood, Texas. Practice using Gottman Method interventions in group role-plays while receiving personal, supportive coaching from trainers.
For more information or to register, contact Annie Logsdon at (281) 812-7529 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the registration site.Registration Site
Who Should Attend?
- Mental health professionals
- Allied professionals and clergy
- Students and interns
- Family clinic staff
- Professors/teachers of couples therapy
- Researchers in the social sciences
- Employee assistance professionals
- View new demonstration films from John and Julie Gottman’s clinical office
- Refine your clinical skills and expand your strategies and interventions in your work with couples
- Learn to internalize and integrate the powerful, research-based Gottman Method assessment and intervention techniques
- Gain insight as to when to use these methods and when couples therapy is contraindicated
- Gain confidence in using the techniques
What Will You Learn?
- Assess a couple’s Friendship Profile, Conflict Profile, and Shared Meaning Profile
- Develop interventions that couples can use as antidotes to the Four Horsemen
- Help couples to soothe physiological flooding
- Apply six modes of changing the Attack/Defend System in a couple’s interactions
- Assist couples in establishing dialogue about their gridlocked conflicts
- Select and implement interventions to help couples deepen their Friendship System with rituals of connection
- Select and implement interventions to help couples create a shared system of values and meaning
- Identify and implement five different co-morbidities common to couples using Gottman Method assessments and interventions