- This event has passed.
Deepen your understanding of Gottman Method Couples Therapy and expand your strategies and interventions in your work with couples. Practice using Gottman Method interventions in group role-plays while receiving personal, supportive coaching from trainers.
For more information or to register contact Alysha Roll at (281) 812-7529 or email@example.com or visit the registration site.Registration Site
Who Should Attend?
- Mental health professionals
- Allied professionals and clergy
- Students and interns
- Family clinic staff
- Professors/teachers of couples therapy
- Researchers in the social sciences
- Employee assistance professionals
- View new demonstration films from John and Julie Gottman’s clinical office
- Refine your clinical skills and expand your strategies and interventions in your work with couples
- Learn to internalize and integrate the powerful, research-based Gottman Method assessment and intervention techniques
- Gain insight as to when to use these methods and when couples therapy is contraindicated
- Gain confidence in using the techniques
What Will You Learn?
- Assess a couple’s Friendship Profile, Conflict Profile, and Shared Meaning Profile
- Develop interventions that couples can use as antidotes to the Four Horsemen
- Help couples to soothe physiological flooding
- Apply six modes of changing the Attack/Defend System in a couple’s interactions
- Assist couples in establishing dialogue about their gridlocked conflicts
- Select and implement interventions to help couples deepen their Friendship System with rituals of connection
- Select and implement interventions to help couples create a shared system of values and meaning
- Identify and implement five different co-morbidities common to couples using Gottman Method assessments and interventions