- This event has passed.
This parent workshop combines scientific research and public education to improve the quality of life for babies and children by strengthening their families. It teaches new parents how to gain relationship satisfaction and create healthy social, emotional, and intellectual development for their children.
For more information or to register, contact Julia Ward at (540) 874-2903 or [email protected] or visit the registration site.Registration Site
Who Should Attend?
- Expecting Parents
- New Parents
- Learn how to maintain relationship satisfaction after having a baby
- Reduce relationship hostility and increase affection
- Promote positive parent-baby interactions
- Promote quality involvement for parents
- Reduce the incidence or severity of perinatal mood disorders
What Will You Learn?
Participants will be able to:
- Explain what to expect during the transition to parenthood
- Describe child development in the first year
- Create strategies to coordinate with family/caretaking members
- Learn ways to improve communications
- Demonstrate how to strengthen friendship, intimacy, and conflict regulation skills
- Recognize the signs of perinatal mood, anxiety, and adjustment disorders and be aware of support and treatment options