The Email Marketing Manager owns the strategy and execution for TGI’s email programs to all audiences (professionals, couples, parents, leads, customers and other segments) and independently manages end-to-end email operations.
This role works cross functionally and requires strong collaboration, communication and project management. This role reports to the Executive Director of Marketing, and manages the deployment of all email marketing campaigns to drive positive impact, engagement, subscription, product sales, reactivation and strives to continually improve our unsubscribe rates and other key KPIs.
This role requires a strong blend of technical ability, analytics, planning and campaign execution with a focus on measuring and optimizing effectiveness. You should have a test and learn mentality, always wanting to improve our overall effectiveness.
- Manage all email marketing execution
- Collaborate with the Marketing team on all email marketing content planning including planning and calendaring of regular newsletters and other email sends, organizing content collection, following approval process.
- Deploy effective campaigns using email marketing technologies employed currently at TGI and working closely with the Executive Marketing Director on email strategies and future planning for Mar Tech as relates to email marketing.
- Build and maintain new automated email journeys (drip/retention campaigns), follow ups, calendared events and other email marketing initiatives targeting key email subscriber segments.
- Execute A/B testing to constantly provide information on effectiveness of messaging, creative and layout, promotion, and landing pages, maintaining an ongoing testing framework and reporting regularly on test results.
- Customer segment targeting. Analyse the data to identify key customer segments and develop micro-targeted email campaigns and journeys.
- Analyze and optimize campaigns and automated journeys based on key performance drivers.
- Help drive email subscriber growth for TGI, with a focus on driving high LTV and retaining customers.
- Partner closely with Creative, Web and Social teams to create consistent, brand-driven, omni-channel messaging and visual design, balancing industry best practices with brand identity.
- Keep TGI current on email marketing best practices with regard to content strategies, data capture, analysis, deliverability, and CAN-SPAM compliance.
Screening begins March 29th. Open until filled. The Gottman Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Gottman Institute is based in Seattle. We are currently working remotely, and this position will onboard fully remotely. Continued remote work will be discussed with finalists. Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required upon hire.
Salary starts at $70K, dependent on qualifications and experience
The ideal candidate has the following:
- Proven work experience as an email marketing manager
- A successful track record of developing and executing email marketing campaigns, ideally for acquisition, retention and growth strategies
- Direct experience with marketing automation technology to manage campaigns, templates, journeys, data extensions, content etc. TGI uses both Salesforce and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Highly data-driven approach and have strong technical and project management skills that will aid you in designing and optimizing marketing programs to deliver upon overall company goals and metrics
- Technical abilities to tweak HTML / CSS if needed, manage integrations with external processes and systems when needed and troubleshoot issues when they arise
- Ability to take ownership, are an inventive problem solver, and have a high-level of accountability
- Works well cross-functionally, with experience working with internal and external teams
- A self-starter mentality with the ability to identify, prioritize, and help the team focus on the tasks that drive the most value
- A deep understanding of customer segmentation and the ability to read the data and take action based on what you learn.
- Detail-oriented approach and ability to operate with urgency and comfort in a highly dynamic business
- Competitive compensation
- Relationship skills
- Paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including health insurance with dental and vision
- In office and remote perks, such as :
- Bring your dog to work in the office
- Regular team activity options, such as online social activities and in person events such as happy hours, baseball games, celebrations, etc.
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats in the office
- Free monthly catered lunches when in office