Today on The Gottman Relationship Blog, we would like to break from our regularly scheduled The Research series to make an exciting announcement:
The Gottman Relationship Blog has been nominated by readers of About.com (one of the top 100 websites in the world with over 36 million visitors monthly) for #1 Marriage Website/Blog of 2013!
At the time of this blog posting, we hold a slim 2% lead over the second place nominee. We would LOVE your vote! It only takes seconds and you can vote once every 24 hours. To vote, click here. Select “The Gottman Institute Relationship Blog.” Enter your e-mail address (you won’t receive spam!) and the two-word security code shown, and press submit. It’s that easy! If you voted for us, let us know on our Facebook page or Twitter account so we can express our appreciation to you personally.
In addition to a huge thank you, a nomination for #1 marriage blog on the web calls for a “State of the Union” evaluation of our content. Whether you are a regular reader or a newcomer, we value your opinion and would love your feedback. In order to better serve you, we would like to know what your needs, desires, and expectations are. What has been your favorite posting topic? Least favorite? Are there topics that you would like to see discussed further in depth? A topic that has not yet beed addressed? Please submit your suggestions, recommendations, and questions to our Facebook page.
We would also like to take this opportunity to make some other exciting announcements about upcoming workshops, professional trainings, and product launches:
- We recently surpassed 15,000 “Likes” on our Facebook page. Thank you to our followers, readers, and contributors! You inspire us each and every day with your commitment to creating and sustaining lasting love. We value your feedback and promise to do our best to respond personally. Keep it coming!
- The Johnson-Gottman Summit is fast approaching and tickets are selling fast. This premier, two-day clinical training event with the world’s best in couple’s therapy will sell out. Reserve your seat today here before it’s too late.
- Become a Seven Principles Program Educator! We are excited to announce a brand new training opportunity. Learn how to lead The Gottman Seven Principles Program, based on Dr. John Gottman’s New York Times bestseller The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, in your community, church, school, hospital, or home. Only two live trainings will be offered: May 3rd and May 18th. Cost: $300/person. Click here for more information.
- Our May Art and Science of Love Couple’s Workshop is filling up fast! Learn how to foster respect, affection, and closeness; build and share a deeper connection with one another’s inner world; keep conflict discussions calm; break through and resolve conflict gridlock; and strengthen and maintain gains in the relationship. If you have a strong relationship, this workshop will provide you with insights and tools to make it last. If your relationship is distressed, this two-day workshop will provide a road map for repair. Reserve your seat today here before it’s too late.
- We recently leaked an image on our Facebook page of our brand-new Emotion Coaching program for parents. “The Heart of Parenting,” which will launch on April 1st, will be available online as a web-based video series and also as a physical product (DVD + Manual). Stay tuned for more information.
As you can see, 2013 is shaping up to be a very busy year for The Gottman Institute. We hope that you will join us!